Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Revolut

• 11-12-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ lookingahead

HI,

Anyone using Revolut? I see it is allowing you to buy Bitcoin/Etherum/Litecoin.

Does none know if I buy Etherum here can you then transfer to Binance?

I presume you can transfer from any broker once yyou know your adress is it?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,062 ✭✭✭ Kenny Logins

No, you cannot withdraw or send crypto yet. Only internal exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭ discombobulate

They say that their taking the pricing from BitStamp minus 1.5%. I'm finding it to be around 2%. Very quick way to get in on Bitcoin but as stated you don't actually own the Bitcoin so can't transfer in/out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭ Truckermal

I went with them as I allready have a card and use it a good bit plus find them good to deal with..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭ DeSelby83

Wait so you can buy it with them but it then stays with them?? Presumably they are working on letting us send it to other address no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭ EagererBeaver

Anyone know if it's possible to withdraw fiat to Revolut using their IBAN enabled accounts?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if it's possible to withdraw fiat to Revolut using their IBAN enabled accounts?

I’ve done it from kraken

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭ banie01

Yes, I've withdrawn from Kraken and coinbase to my Revolut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭ EagererBeaver

Thanks, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭ FrankGrimes

I've been wanting to buy some crypto currencies but with building a house have not had time to research the mechanics of purchasing, storing etc. to the extent I would like. I've had very positive experiences using Revolut so this seems an interesting avenue if it simplifies the barrier to entry, and 2% is a price I'd be willing to pay for that.

I'm thinking of buying a relatively small amount, say 2,000 euro, to get started and try it out, and then make a bigger decision on what to do once the house is finished in a few months. Any major red flags to be aware of before opting for that approach?

Revolut site says:
    Instantly transfer it to other Revolut users for free.
    Exchange it into any other crypto or fiat currency using the best possible rates.

So it looks like converting it to Euro and then using that for online purchases is relatively straightforward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭ Whelo79

I've been wanting to buy some crypto currencies but with building a house have not had time to research the mechanics of purchasing, storing etc. to the extent I would like. I've had very positive experiences using Revolut so this seems an interesting avenue if it simplifies the barrier to entry, and 2% is a price I'd be willing to pay for that.

I'm thinking of buying a relatively small amount, say 2,000 euro, to get started and try it out, and then make a bigger decision on what to do once the house is finished in a few months. Any major red flags to be aware of before opting for that approach?

Revolut site says:
    Instantly transfer it to other Revolut users for free.
    Exchange it into any other crypto or fiat currency using the best possible rates.

So it looks like converting it to Euro and then using that for online purchases is relatively straightforward?

The downside is it's held on your revolut card and you cannot transfer it to exchanges to trade for other all coins. I believe you can only trade between the coins supported by revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ shakedown

If you're ok with the 2% convenience tax and don't have a need to move the crypto outside of Revolut then go for it. I haven't personally used Revolut for crypto transactions, but don't see anything bad that they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭ Truckermal

I use Revolut as I'm a complete noob to Crypto but I did make a nice earning before Christmas and the great thing is use can use your Revolut card to withdraw your profits from any ATM or spend it on Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 soirish

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ shakedown

soirish wrote: »

Oh that reminds me - VISA banned a lot of bitcoin based debit cards recently, not incl. Monaco or Revolut, but it could be seen as a potential risk using these.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7oabzl/all_bitcoin_visa_debit_cards_are_now_cancelled/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭ FrankGrimes

Thanks for the replies. Reckon I'll go ahead and try it out...let's see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ The Caveman

Hi, can somebody please explain...

with Revolut

Lets say i buy €100 worth of Bitcoin, ( dot worried about fees, etc) can I transfer it to my own separate non revolut wallet?

Hi, can somebody please explain...

with Revolut

Lets say i buy €100 worth of Bitcoin, ( dot worried about fees, etc) can I transfer it to my own separate non revolut wallet?
    No. Your not buying the coins on revolut. Can’t deposit or withdraw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MOBH

Question for you.. before I upgrade to premium I want to understand something. I have money in Coinbase & other exchanges. Can I transfer these coins (BTC/ETH/LTC) to my Revolut account and then convert it to FIAT and use it to buy stuff? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭ seannash

MOBH wrote: »
    Question for you.. before I upgrade to premium I want to understand something. I have money in Coinbase & other exchanges. Can I transfer these coins (BTC/ETH/LTC) to my Revolut account and then convert it to FIAT and use it to buy stuff? Thanks
    No,
    I thought you could also but you cant. It doesn't allow you to transfer or receive any crypto's

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MOBH

Thats disappointing - so basically all it offers is a place for you to buy them and they store them for you. Not even giving you full ownership to move/transfer them as you like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,062 ✭✭✭ Kenny Logins

Thats disappointing - so basically all it offers is a place for you to buy them and they store them for you. Not even giving you full ownership to move/transfer them as you like?

Not yet, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ huddlejonny

You could convert them to fiat and cash out immediately if needs be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 19,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr.S

This is marketed at Revolut users who want to keep everything in the one platform. If you want to transfer your coins out of Revolut, then this is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

Revolut is no longer working as a middleman between my bank account and Kraken as of 1st May.

They are saying as a result of being an FCA regulated entity they have to enforce a whitelist of trading platforms they are happy to send /receive SEPA transfers.

Coinbase / GDAX are in the whitelist but kraken isn't.

Not ideal. Might be the reason why I cash out everything. Think I'll try go Kraken > Fire > Revolut > My Account

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Revolut is no longer working as a middleman between my bank account and Kraken as of 1st May.

They are saying as a result of being an FCA regulated entity they have to enforce a whitelist of trading platforms they are happy to send /receive SEPA transfers.

Coinbase / GDAX are in the whitelist but kraken isn't.

Not ideal. Might be the reason why I cash out everything. Think I'll try go Kraken > Fire > Revolut > My Account
    Balls. Received money to revolut on 30 april from kraken. Will they just reject it now then and it go back. Do you have a link to where they stated this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

Balls. Received money to revolut on 30 april from kraken. Will they just reject it now then and it go back. Do you have a link to where they stated this?
    Yeah, gets rejected and sent back. Mate mentioned it to me yesterday so I did a bit of homework.

This appears to sum up the situation.

https://community.revolut.com/t/kraken-sepa-withdrawal-reverted/38421/26

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭ el diablo

I'm trying to register an account with Revolut using my Irish address. It won't accept my Dublin postcode though (I've tried it in various different forms but to no avail). Anyone know of a solution to this?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ✭✭✭ CryptoReview

el diablo wrote: »
    I'm trying to register an account with Revolut using my Irish address. It won't accept my Dublin postcode though (I've tried it in various different forms but to no avail). Anyone know of a solution to this?

Try deleting the app and installing again. I had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cillwal

Wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭ dozy doctor

banie01 wrote: »
    Yes, I've withdrawn from Kraken and coinbase to my Revolut ;)

Do you know if you can send directly from Bittrex to Revolut or does it need to go from bittrex to coinbase and then to revolut?

Advertisement