Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Music for the Christmas baking.

• 06-12-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin

I've got to bake about ten million biscuits, as gifts.
    Also Christmas cake. And applying marzipan. And icing.
    Mind you, I like the baking: but it gets kind of quiet and dull in the kitchen.

My question is - what sort of music to play from YouTube or the radio, to pass the time and shorten the work?

I mean, obviously I know about Christmas carols.
    But I'm asking for suggestions of something a little different - happy, wintry, festive, not too dreary, not too commercial.

Ideas, you bright and Christmassy sparks?

:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭ Heroditas

Christmas FM! Can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ DeniG2

If you like The Rat Pack, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin etc, this Internet radio station might be up your street. I like to have it playing in the background in the kitchen when cooking.. very relaxing...

http://www.croonerradio.com/listen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭ Caranica

Spotify has great Christmas playlists and no talking if you have premium. Christmas FM has way too much talking this year imo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭ TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Probably not everyone's taste but I love Smith & Burrows album "Funny Looking Angels". Few covers, few originals.

This Ain't New Jersey has become one of my absolute favourite Christmas songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,835 ✭✭✭✭ leahyl

Caranica wrote: »
    Spotify has great Christmas playlists and no talking if you have premium. Christmas FM has way too much talking this year imo

I agree, and I'm not mad on the actual songs they play on Christmas FM either - far too many modern christmas songs that just aren't the same as the classics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement