Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Banterbus28 I got your message but I can’t open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Slo85 wrote: »

Try on a desktop in the legacy site mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Congrats folks!! Im sure ya’s are delighted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

My messages were being weird and not letting me in as well, had to go to legacy site. However it won't let you open legacy site on the message page, go to home page then click legacy site.

Maxi515 wrote: »

Try on a desktop in the legacy site mode.

Thanks will try that.

• Advertisement

Any folk hear back for dispatcher?

I sent the form from my work email and i am on leave so canny access it

It said on my email that they are currently processing applications for dispatcher and will be in contact in due course

Must be using the email address the form was sent from rather than the personal one i put on the form 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Blondamundo

They said 2 - 3 weeks. 4 weeks ago......

Maybe this week eh!

• Advertisement

Maybe this week eh!

I'd like to think so, recruitment department have more bodies free lol

Hold on - why are the PSNI recruiting dispatchers if they're outsourcing it to Capita Business Services?

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/02/27/news/psni-refuse-to-reveal-how-much-capita-contract-is-worth-1264904/
    PSNI refuse to reveal how much Capita contract is worth

Capita are to provide control room services the PSNI.

27 February, 2018 01:00

CONTROVERSIAL public sector contractor Capita has been awarded a contract to provide command and control systems to the PSNI.

However, neither the PSNI nor Capita would reveal how much public money the contract was worth.

The company announced yesterday it had been awarded a contract to deliver its command and control system for contact centre and control room operations across the PSNI's three regional contact management centres.

The contract is for an initial seven-year term with incremental options to extend it to 17 years.

The company said its ControlWorks system will help deliver "operational benefits", including the ability to assess and prioritise demand and risk at each point of contact with the public and enable the PSNI to "manage all its operations from a single viewpoint".

Deputy Chief Constable Drew Harris welcomed the move saying "technology plays a part in everything we do as a police service".

"It is vital that we invest in future-proof solutions that enable us to provide effective and efficient services 24 hours a day in Northern Ireland.

"Capita's ControlWorks solution will help us to do exactly that, supporting the way we respond to our communities’ needs and adapting to new and evolving policing challenges as they present themselves", he added.

George Greig, Director, Capita Secure Solutions and Services, said: "It was clear from the start of our collaboration with PSNI that they understood the importance of having innovative solutions in place to help coordinate resources, make highly-informed decisions and rapidly communicate these to police officers and the public."

In October last year the outsourcing group announced the appointment of a new chief executive Jon Lewis to help turn around the fortunes of the company.

The new boss slashed profit forecasts and set out plans to raise cash to avoid the same fate as collapsed rival Carillion resulting in 40 per cent being wiped off the company's market value.

Carillion collapsed under a pile of debt earlier this year.

Capita, which provides IT services to companies and governments, said afterwards it needed a complete overhaul and to 'retrench'.

In January the information commissioner ordered the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in Britain to release a report into Capita and Atos.

The two outsourcing companies are paid hundreds of millions of pounds to carry out personal independence payment (PIP) assessments,

In April last year Channel 4's Dispatches programme went undercover in Capita. An investigator posed as a trainee disability assessor to see how the PIP assessments were conducted leading to widespread criticism of the company's practices.

When asked yesterday a spokesperson for Capita said they could not comment on how much the contract was worth.

The PSNI also would not comment on the value of the contract when asked.

Are they just providing the system/software or are they providing the fully staffed service?

Same as the civil service.

If you get in this time you will be PSNI staff with NICS terms and conditions.

If you get in after this drive you will be a Capita Employee, just like PIP

The only civil servants in PIP are Decision makers and payment processors. All telephony and post are Capita.

Main reason will be the fact that if you are Capita they don't have to provide pension contributions or sick pay

BTW I really detest Capita

CDO candidates, check your email's for a brief update on the details process going forward.

Got mine. ��

Got mine. ��

I wonder what this said test entails... :confused:

Meanwhile dispatchers as you were, there's paint to watch dry lol

I wonder what this said test entails... :confused:

I hope something similar to the initial selection tests

I hope something similar to the initial selection tests

Did you get an email from the recruiter directly, with more instructions to follow next week?

• Advertisement

Did you get an email from the recruiter directly, with more instructions to follow next week?

I did. It said we should hear by the 9th.

Just wanted to bounce something off CDO applicants. As far as I know, there is a 5-week training course associated with custodial care we would need to take if we are successful. Again, as far as I know, the training provided for such a course takes place somewhere in GB. For those who are also still in the campaign for 1710 police constable recruitment, what do we do if this conflicts with PCA or substance misuse testing do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Get in. Me too.

Kind of out of the loop recently, are you still in the 1710 campaign Slo?

Very dry wait here on my side for CH and DP, however after the 1710 I am actually getting used to doing a small step and then waiting for a while before taking another small step

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

CH is moving nicely I thought??? Results from the test are soon with next stages shortly after.

Yeah in all fairness I was too rough on the CH, it actually is progressing quite nicely! Three weeks until the suggested interviews starting and if they stick to that then the campaign as a whole will actually have been quite snappy, DP on the other hand I have yet to get an acknowledgement of my application yet

I know CDOs having worked with a few PSP and custodial care training is done in Antrim...

Tgey arent going to pay for flights, allowances and because it's civil service terms and conditions paying youbfrom the minute you leave your house to the minute you arrive back at home 😂

On a plus note, as CDOs are 4 on 4 off you like the guys i know will have time for a 2nd job.

Yes overtimr will be available but because of civil servoce terms and conditions you will be forced to 'rest' on occasion. It's so you can't sue them

• Advertisement

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Get in. Me too.

Kind of out of the loop recently, are you still in the 1710 campaign Slo?

Yep I am indeed. Eggs in a few baskets so to speak.

Advertisement