Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New MTL Tank "Ares RTA from Phil, Dimitris & Innokin"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It's bad enough the tank appears to be a letdown, but what's worse is some of these reviewers like, Djvapes etc, have lost my trust as they were saying it is one of the best tanks ever for mtl. I think some of these guys are too friendly with eachother and really I will be more sceptical of them from now on.

Without having tried the tank myself, I reckon the issue is Phil Busardo designed a tank for himself rather than what the MTL vapers really wanted hence the loose airflow that nearly every reviewer has mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Venom wrote: »
    Without having tried the tank myself, I reckon the issue is Phil Busardo designed a tank for himself rather than what the MTL vapers really wanted hence the loose airflow that nearly every reviewer has mentioned.

You could very well be correct, which is a shame as it seems the airflow is the root of the muted flavour issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It's bad enough the tank appears to be a letdown, but what's worse is some of these reviewers like, Djvapes etc, have lost my trust as they were saying it is one of the best tanks ever for mtl. I think some of these guys are too friendly with eachother and really I will be more sceptical of them from now on.

Yeah this is it, you can't really be guaranteed impartial reviews as these guys don't want to offend each other. Vaping with Vic has said from January onwards he's not reviewing anymore 'collaboration tanks' which I think is a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah this is it, you can't really be guaranteed impartial reviews as these guys don't want to offend each other. Vaping with Vic has said from January onwards he's not reviewing anymore 'collaboration tanks' which I think is a good idea

I get why he's doing so but it sucks for consumers if every reviewer is gushing over a product coz their mate's name is on it. When you consider how many reviewer linked products came out this year and how well they tend to sell, I doubt 2018 will see less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Venom wrote: »
    Heathen's review pretty much backs up nearly everything Vaping with Vic said about this tank tho in a much nicer way. Muted flavor, to airy and Siren 2 styled deck. Billy really looked uncomfortable in this review and seemed to go out of his way saying how nice Phil and Demetri were!

Thats a much better review that talks about the negatives and doesn't come across as a complete hatchet job like Vic's does . He does say plenty of positive things about it as well . When you consider the air flow I thin the smallest hole is 1.0 whereas the others go as low as .7 and .6 I think so there will be no getting away from the "true" mtl but I think almost all reviewers have said this . Also no getting away from his flavour comment but he does still say it's good ....just not as good as the other two .

as an aside , Billy has to have some kind of Irish backround ....his accent and the way he says some words and also he is a fireman ....stereotypical american Irish :D ( fireman or cop )

Will have a look at Mike Vapes one later .

• Advertisement

Glad I cancelled my pre-order now...
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1759499890788182&id=266554740082712

At least they are addressing it though, good customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Despite me cancelling this tank, I still am interested in it and still have it on my fasttech wish list. Do we know what they are addressing/fixing?

I noticed the tank went from "ships in 5 days", back to "pre-order".

Hmmm.

Adressing it ...yeah , but imagine if any of us poor saps had managed to order it from China , I wouldn't have liked to be trying to post it back .

Despite me cancelling this tank, I still am interested in it and still have it on my fasttech wish list. Do we know what they are addressing/fixing?

I noticed the tank went from "ships in 5 days", back to "pre-order".

Hmmm.

Something to do with leaks out through the air holes
    the bell had issues on some causing leaking on top cap and loose air draw, the issues have been fixed and we are just trying to take care of those that are not having a pleasant experience

I read this just after I placed an order with vapourizarte in portugal, so I'm hoping mine isn't one of the ones affected .

So has anyone got this yet? Would be interested to hear people's experiences. Seems quite mixed from reading other forums and lots of issues with the first batch. I may yet get it in a few months when they have everything sorted

I only received mine from a shop in Portugal yesterday so it's too soon to say how good or bad it is . I'm assuming it is part of the second batch as he had run out of stock and I had to wait for it to come back in to order . I have as yet noticed no issues with it but it has only had about two tanks of liquid through it ( I had forgotten how long juice lasts in MTL, it is also the 4.5ml version , not the tpd 2ml so I guess Portugal decided not to implement that part) .

Very early impressions are ( with spaced .5 6 wrap SS316L in temp mode ) flavour is very good , I can comfortable MTL with the smallest hole or the two smallest holes and that would be my preferred type of MTL , I think I would compare it to the largest hole on the Nautilus mini , whish I still had one to actually check . I can also do a very restricted DL with all the holes open and I like this too, although I would like it just a bit looser for that . A doddle to build on and wick , perfect for the first timer building .

Thats really all I can say for now.

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I only received mine from a shop in Portugal yesterday so it's too soon to say how good or bad it is . I'm assuming it is part of the second batch as he had run out of stock and I had to wait for it to come back in to order . I have as yet noticed no issues with it but it has only had about two tanks of liquid through it ( I had forgotten how long juice lasts in MTL, it is also the 4.5ml version , not the tpd 2ml so I guess Portugal decided not to implement that part) .

Very early impressions are ( with spaced .5 6 wrap SS316L in temp mode ) flavour is very good , I can comfortable MTL with the smallest hole or the two smallest holes and that would be my preferred type of MTL , I think I would compare it to the largest hole on the Nautilus mini , whish I still had one to actually check . I can also do a very restricted DL with all the holes open and I like this too, although I would like it just a bit looser for that . A doddle to build on and wick , perfect for the first timer building .

Thats really all I can say for now.

Sounds promising. What temp do you have your mod set at out of interest and what level of nic is your juice?

Sounds promising. What temp do you have your mod set at out of interest and what level of nic is your juice?

Well now , there the thing ....... I have it either set to 400 or 420 for pretty much everything BUT.....I don't particularly like a warm vape so with the Ares I have it dialed back to 360 to 380 . I can take it up to 420 but it's just too warm for me, nice flavour up there though . Nic level is 3mg cause that's all I have so throat hit it's massive , 70 vg though and keeps up with chain vaping .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Is this the one Busardo had a little sisy fit on Vaping with Vic's channel over? Came stomping into the comments on Vic's channel like a playground bully trying to tell him off, lol .... as far as I recall Vic told him to get f**ked, even after a half hearted apology.

As for DJLsb, Mike Vapes, Jai Haze, Fagan and The vaping Postie were lacing into him for being a little snake only a couple of weeks back, meanwhile Fat Todd and the [begging] Vaping Biker have been doing the usual s*8t talk about Vic with their cronies on the IOS [a show I watched maybe twice in the past before I figured they were irritating gee bags]

What is up with all the drama llamas in vaping? :confused: I think these guys forget they are only reviewers not superstars. Poor mouthing Patreon accounts, back handers, lick-arse 'reviews' of their mate's new RT/D/A etc ... sick to the teeth of most of them. Why do they all need to have a tank or dripper out? not like there isn't a billion variations already out - it's for money, nothing more.

Kinda miss the days when Scott Bonner was the only reviewer i watched

Just a follow up , I posted this on a facebook group the other day and meant to throw it up here on the off chance it might help someone make up their mind .

I got mine last Monday week and have been vaping it all week . Great build quality, ( outside of the QC issue which at least they addressed ) It's simple to build on and easy to wick, flavour seems really good too . All my vaping is done with SS316L and temp control and this seems to work fine with that, but because of the small bell chamber it is a warm vape and I'm not really a fan of that . The draw is tight enough for me for MTL but I came into vaping around the time of the Nautilus mini and I liked that at it's most open setting . Here's the thing though ..... I thought I would like to have a MTL tank but now that I have it I find I'm constantly trying to DL it and it's too tight for that . So I unscrewed the defuser to open up the hole under the coil and now it's a nice restricted DL with the ability to close it off and MTL it . Still warm though . Also agree on the quietness of it and so does the rest of the family

So after hype is anyone who got this happy with it? Thinking I might pick it up after my 24mm Siren 2 just stopped working

So after hype is anyone who got this happy with it? Thinking I might pick it up after my 24mm Siren 2 just stopped working

My thoughts on it are still pretty much the same as I said in the post just before your one , still use it everyday, as one of my 4 tanks, with the defuser taken out as a restricted DL tank .

Well mine arrived yesterday, still working through the first tank but pleasantly surprised considering the negativity surrounding this at release time. I would say it is no better or worse than the siren 2 flavour wise. Great build quality and smooth quiet vape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

I'm wondering would I be able to manage one of these. I had one of the original Kayfuns but found it far too fiddly to fit coils. Eyesight isn't great (had a cataract op in one eye, the other is very myopic). Hands could be steadier too.

It's definitely one of the more easy to build on tanks. Just buy some premade coils and all have to do is screw the legs in, snip the extra and then wick. Maybe not as easy as it sounds though?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Well I reckon I'm in the sixth of the seven ages of man. Nothing is easy any more.
    Might give it a go though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement