Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow - Ice Warnings for Ireland 23 to 26 Nov 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

kod87 wrote: »
    Yeah, just leaves us sitting under a chilly high pressure for the end of next week, would bring some dry weather with significant frosts. To be honest I would prefer that to the wintry/sleety mix we are getting at the moment.

Cold crisp air I love it. Should clear the air and kill any flu bugs hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Raining at Donegal Airport (right on the coast). Temp/dewp 5/1.
    METAR EIDL 242100Z AUTO 31022KT 9999 -RA BKN022/// BKN039/// OVC089/// 05/01 Q1011=

Sligo Airport. Temp/dewp 3/1
    SPECI EISG 242109Z AUTO 25010G23KT 150V320 9999 FEW022 BKN029 BKN036 03/01 Q1013=

Rain at Finner. Temp/dewp 2/0
    PsMETAR FINN 242100Z AUTO 22010KT 9999NDV -RA BKN025/// BKN170/// 02/00 1012 MSL=

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9pm met reports.

Knock Airport -1 with Athenry, Casement,Dublin Airport,Dunsany,Gurteen,Mount Dillon and Mullingar all at 0.
    North westerly breeze will begin to pick up soon preventing temperatures dipping to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

natashaob6 wrote: »
    Cold crisp air I love it. Should clear the air and kill any flu bugs hanging around.

The flu bugs live in people at 37C, the frost will only kill flowers and suchlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Currently 0c dew point -1c and breezy here in Arklow
    Quite Baltic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

This mornings snow disappeared gradually during the day and the few flurries this afternoon didn't stick but since dark we've been under a nearly constant shower train and there is almost 2 inches of fluffy whiteness lying at the mo. My weather station has given up the ghost so I have no idea what the temps are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dropped to 0.8c during the shower of snow, probably got lower than some nearby areas due to my elevation of approx 100m.

Was nice flakes towards the end, not dry but only slightly wet. Still some snow on the windows and roofs of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm
    Mace head gusting 39 knots.
    Malin 37 Knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭arctictree

+0.5c here in Roundwood. Dry as a bone. Have a lot of outdoor work to do tomorrow so at least it's dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Getting milder a tad now

Was 0c now a "balmy" 1.2c

Hope frost n snow stays off till next week.

I want to run tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This mornings snow disappeared gradually during the day and the few flurries this afternoon didn't stick but since dark we've been under a nearly constant shower train and there is almost 2 inches of fluffy whiteness lying at the mo. My weather station has given up the ghost so I have no idea what the temps are.

I am jealous:o Just cloudy and cold over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

A decent snow shower in Ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A really cold damp night- even with the brisk wind. It feels more like -10 than 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Beefy sleet or snow showers tracking southeast. You could not rule out a dusting anywhere.

More heavy hail

Its hailed practically all day

At 1130pm kerrrrrbooooomm

And a flash

Just lashing now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Beefy sleet or snow showers tracking southeast. You could not rule out a dusting anywhere.

Indeed. In these situations in the east we can make up for the lack of precip with the mere fact the ground is near freezing and so anything that does fall is likely to hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

pauldry wrote: »
    More heavy hail

Its hailed practically all day

At 1130pm kerrrrrbooooomm

And a flash

Just lashing now

You are in the transition to colder airmass and snow will start to fall nearer the coast in the next few hours. It will still be a mix for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Very unusual here, a sustained 10mph west wind and temps are sub-zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Very cold here in Dublin atm, overcast as well. Feels like there should be a few flakes falling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Very cold here in Dublin atm, overcast as well. Feels like there should be a few flakes falling. :)

There's a big blob of snow on the Netweather radar that might make it to Dublin in a couple of hours, but a lot of similar blobs have been expiring somewhere over the midlands. I'm not waiting up for it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

MJohnston wrote: »
    There's a big blob of snow on the Netweather radar that might make it to Dublin in a couple of hours, but a lot of similar blobs have been expiring somewhere over the midlands. I'm not waiting up for it anyway!
    If it made it to Dublin, it would bypass it. But it won't even get that far. It'll be evaporated very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

What makes you think that? Influenza viruses thrive in cold, dry air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Tiniest amount of little flakes falling now in Ballyfermot

Scrap that.... heavier now but nothing to get too excited about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Quite a bit here through the night, south Cavan, I'm on a bit of a hill, can't see too far to know if its widespread.

Finished now

More hail at 530am but temps of 3c now and rain cold airmass is moving East and id say wet hail and rain today for Sligo and mild and wet tomorrow then wait until Monday night Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

A band moving across about to hit west Wicklow soon,heading out to 300m asl for a walk now,perhaps first flakes of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Seemed to warm a bit in S Connemara last night. It was noticeably less inclined to result in howling brass monkeys anyway. Sheet of lumpy ice on the windscreen this morning, but the ground is clear (and sodden). Even the ice is the sort that sweeps off rather than gluing itself to the glass. I would -guess- in a totally uninformed way that it is about 3-5C now, but the light is a bit weird - that sort of lowering yellow-white sky with deep gold sunshine and dead calm that could do anything from hail to clear (or both) at any moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

...soon as I post that, hello sleet.

Advertisement