Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello Trackday and Training Dates-2018

• 22-11-2017 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Track Day & Track Training Day Dates 2018

Wednesday 7th March Track Training Day

Sunday 18th March Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 28th March Track Training Day
    Sunday 1st April Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 11th April Track Training Day
    Wednesday 18th April Track Day National Track
    Sunday 06th May Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 16th May Track Training Day
    Sunday 20th May Track Day International Track
    Sunday 03rd June Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 11th July Track Day National Track
    Monday 6th August Track Day International Track
    Sunday 26th August Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 12th September Track Day National Track
    Saturday 06th October Track Day International Track
    Sunday 28th October Track Day International Track (Loyalty Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tightspeedos

Any prices .... staying the same ... up or down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Any prices .... staying the same ... up or down

Probably the same,but I dont know.
    Best to call Mondello and ask them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

18th march hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Thanks for this. definitely going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I want to do this but assume I need at least a 3/4 zipped two-piece or one piece suit?

Any experienced trackdayers got clothing tips before I empty my pitiful bank balance on the wrong things?

• Advertisement

2 piece textile or leathers that zip together.
    Gloves n boots.
    And a helmet with double d ring straps.

Thats all you need for the trackday.

Dont go blowing loads of money until you have done a few trackdays and see if you actually like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

You can use textiles on the training day not on trackdays . Leathers have to zip 3/4 way around or 1 piece . Helmets don't need to be double d ring , that's for racing , but it is recommended . No open face lids .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I think I'm going to do a track day in 2018 but will have to figure out getting the bike up and down because I wouldn't like to ride home to Clare after it

Cotters trackday at the end of April,99 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭traco

I’ve never done a track day and coming back to road bikes a training day might be helpful.

How do the training days work? Is it a slow steady build up of pace? Don’t want to be out there on stabilisers and in everyone’s way as I’m sure I’ll be the slowest.

Who should I contact? Thinking mid April.

traco wrote: »
    I’ve never done a track day and coming back to road bikes a training day might be helpful.

How do the training days work? Is it a slow steady build up of pace? Don’t want to be out there on stabilisers and in everyone’s way as I’m sure I’ll be the slowest.

Who should I contact? Thinking mid April.

Thread here with pics of my training day last year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103205665

Contact Darren on 087 2417500.....www.bike2bike.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭traco

Cheers Stewy, had a look at the thread. Looks like a plan to me and would be a good safe way to know the bikes capabilities. I'll give Darren a shout. Couldnt see pics unfortunately due to those photobucket tossers

Mondello Track Training Day due to take place on the 7th March has been cancelled due to bad weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Mondello Track Training Day due to take place on the 7th March has been cancelled due to bad weather

AGHHHHHHHHH......have me studs fitted n all.....:p

Savage day in Mondello yesterday.

Savage day in Mondello yesterday.

Can’t wait for Saturday! Bikes getting tidied up, rattle can is out, probably drop her now :D

Training day on tomorrow.

Training day on tomorrow.

Bring yer thermals...............:p

Bring yer thermals...............:p
    Flask and sambos will be in the car.......with me.:pac::D

• Advertisement

will the cafe/kitchen be doing food or or should we bring lunch? Didnt give it much thought until now. thanks

neildyr wrote: »
    will the cafe/kitchen be doing food or or should we bring lunch? Didnt give it much thought until now. thanks
    Stewie is providing tea and sambos it seems....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

It won't be open , you'll have time to go to centra or apple green at lunchtime

Bring your own drinks and food.

Bring your own fcuking drinks and food.

Fixed that for ya.............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Goose81

Was great fun today, couldn't meet a nicer bunch of lads!!

Only actually got the hang of it last 5 laps of the day i did where I would say my times improved 10 seconds a lap compared my middle laps so that was good but a bit annoying lol

Some of the lads had serious talent, could definitely race there if they wanted to

Anyone doing the Nolimits days at the end of the june? 339 euro for the 2 days, cant imagine it will be busy?

Hopefully get up on the 3rd aswell really looking forward to it now!

Finally made it up, electrical problems and only got 2 full sessions, did a 2.06 which I was pleased with, a lot of bikes in the inters but really well run!

95_E902_F7_0152_4478_A171_A2_DEA7892_D36.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads has anyone done the trackday training course? Two of my friends are doing it and want me to join. I did one trackday before but it was wet so really spoiled it for me. Would like to learn properly and get some instruction. Is it any use?

• Advertisement

Did it with Goose on here a couple of months back. It was excellent. We did a couple hours in morning in with classroom tuition and carpark stuff in-between. Good laugh. then after lunch, you are grouped with 1 or 2 other bikers and split off with various instructors. Once you find your feet they leave you be or give you help depending on if you want it or not.

They said that "in most scenarios a training day yields more actual track time that a "track day" ".I learnt a whole lot and consider it well worth it.
    From ~2pm till 5, I was on the track with only a few pits to give ME a break.

"Two of my friends are doing it and want me to join"

I'm not sure any more training days are on this year. You will have to wait for next year I believe.

Advertisement