Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anthony Daly - Kilmacud Crokes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Lads tbh, i doubt the money Anto is getting is from the county board. I imagine theres a group of well to do Crokes businessmen coughing up the dough for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

TrueGael wrote: »
    How many Football club AI's have they won in the last 10-15 years? Exactly

How many clubs (counties even) can afford to pay an outsider €500+ per training session??? Exactly

Take away the millions in funding and let the clubs and sponsors fund the youth development and stop the madness of money being pissed down the drain at 'genius' managers and return to core values

Well, one thing you cannot fault Crokes on, and I am not a fan!, is getting kids to play. They have huge numbers playing in a part of Dublin where GAA was almost non-existent 30 years ago.

Same as always, some people prefer to begrudge and do nothing rather than recognise dynamism and development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Crokes were a big club 25 years ago with financial clout and had a lot of players from outside Dublin playing on their senior football team back then and looked after them with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

A round trip from Kilmihil to Kilmacud is approx 540 km's so Daly could legitimately receive €450 per session for a lot of the sessions based on civil service mileage rates (depending on size of car engine, mileage done during the year etc). That would be tax free and above board. I would imagine he would also be entitled to a subsistence amount also!

Is Daly becoming a civil servant by joining crokes. After 4K he would be on reduced rates and how would it be tax free if he was being paid to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Is Daly becoming a civil servant by joining crokes. After 4K he would be on reduced rates and how would it be tax free if he was being paid to travel.

I didn't want to go into too much detail and bore people but yes, you are correct, the rate would drop after 4000km. I was merely making the point that the amounts stated could be legitimately paid by Crokes to Daly and all would be above board. Revenue accept expenses up to a max of their recommended civil service rates as tax free and this applies to the Gaa also as confirmed by Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Lads tbh, i doubt the money Anto is getting is from the county board. I imagine theres a group of well to do Crokes businessmen coughing up the dough for this one.

Who said it was the County Board paying him??

Obviously it's Kilmacud , what this whole episode shows is the waste of funding Dublin to the gills when these superclubs could quite clearly fund the vast tranche of costs of the underage system and allow the GAA allocate limited resources to those who actually need it rather than funding a Juggernaut

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

TrueGael wrote: »
    Who said it was the County Board paying him??

Obviously it's Kilmacud , what this whole episode shows is the waste of funding Dublin to the gills when these superclubs could quite clearly fund the vast tranche of costs of the underage system and allow the GAA allocate limited resources to those who actually need it rather than funding a Juggernaut

I meant county board as in the money Dublin GAA are getting that is drip fed to the clubs. Daly's money is not from that pot i would imagine.

Some fellas above were complaining about the money dublin clubs get to pay for these managers etc etc. I think those that liked my post got what i was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Bonniedog wrote: »
    That is an outrageous allegation.

You obviously haven't heard some of the comments directed at Colin Parkinson about his time at Parnells. There have been players paid in Dublin club football for more than 25 years. There was a famous case when a player had to repay part of his fee when he decided to transfer back to his home club.

Cluxton refused to play senior for Parnells over the shennagains with the Laois players. they weren't paid in cash by the way. Parnells are universally loathed in Dublin and they haven't managed to progress beyond quarter finals for all their efforts. surely if any player in that club was going to be paid it would be Cluxton, and he is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Cluxton refused to play senior for Parnells over the shennagains with the Laois players. they weren't paid in cash by the way. Parnells are universally loathed in Dublin and they haven't managed to progress beyond quarter finals for all their efforts. surely if any player in that club was going to be paid it would be Cluxton, and he is not.

Clubs don't pay their own.

• Advertisement

Clubs don't pay their own.

What sort of eijit would play on the same team as someone who was getting paid when they are not?

Parnells would have been better off bribing refs than enticing Wooly and the rest. not good enough to play at upper end of Dublin SFC. Don't think he ever got over that :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement