Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Glengarriff

Options
  • 14-11-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, what's my best way of getting to Glengarriff? I'll be coming down from Dublin.
    Google reckons going to Cork then onwards via Crookstown on the R585. Is google right or steering me up a goat path?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Maldesu wrote: »
    As the title suggests, what's my best way of getting to Glengarriff? I'll be coming down from Dublin.
    Google reckons going to Cork then onwards via Crookstown on the R585. Is google right or steering me up a goat path?

Yeap that's the way I'd go.
    It's a bendy road though from when you leave the main road at Crookstown until you get to Dunmanway.

Other alternative is to go via Bandon to Dunmanway but its about 10 mins longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Yea that sounds right,Cookstown,Copeen,kealkil, ballylicky,and on to glengarriff

It's about an hr from crookstown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Don't go to dunmanway,on the Copeen dunmanway rd there's a right turn for bantry,it's takes you to kealkil and ballylicky and glengarriff,much shorter then going to dunmanway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Cheers guys. I can deal with bendy roads. I'll go with Google then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Cheers guys. I can deal with bendy roads. I'll go with Google then

The road is pretty good, as far as rural mountain roads go its fantastic.
    From Cookstown its pretty much a straight road with just one right hand turn, be careful tho, there was a tree or a bush there a few years ago and the signpost was half blocked.
    From Cookstown its about 50 mins into Glengarrif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That high road to Kealkil is called The Cousane. Has been greatly improved, over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

.red. wrote: »
    From Cookstown its pretty much a straight road with just one right hand turn, be careful tho, there was a tree or a bush there a few years ago and the signpost was half blocked.

That the right were the R587 would take you straight for Dunmanway? Have it noted

Advertisement