Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

D&D Act One - The God's blood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

He turns to Eling and says with a smile and a pat of his pocket (speaking neutral)

'and I am well aware of the location and content of my pocket book my dear lady.'

Oooh Arry you don't miss much do ya? I think we're gonna get along just fine. ;)

Oh! Look at that! Mr Bandylegs you seem to have eh, dropped your money purse!! :p It's looking a bit light for my liking. How are you gonna pay for all that ale? I get the feeling we're all after a bit of adventure here. And I'm sure a few of us, like poor Bandy here, could do with a few extra coins weighing us down.
    Has anyone heard tell of anyone looking for a group of adventurers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ha, my dear Elin of course that purse is light. I'm afraid you won't find any joys under my kilt. Apart from the obvious! *Breaks into a big deep booming laugh*

In fact, I would imagine those in your line of work would be wasting their time with all the occupants of this here table. How's about we plan to change that, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Saeros sips from a glass of local wine while listening to the conversation at the table.
    Quietly I whisper to Ekbard
    "I have a silver piece saying that the dwarf is the first to pass out at the table. Wager?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"i'll take that wager"

*Takes 10 quick swigs from the bottle*

*Casts Charm Person on barmaid.
    Whispers to Elin
    "See yon fighter Ekabard. Two silver pieces says he drinks himself into a stupor within the next 30 minutes".

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    *Casts Charm Person on barmaid.
    Whispers to Elin
    "See yon fighter Ekabard. Two silver pieces says he drinks himself into a stupor within the next 30 minutes".

Well I'm not normally a betting person but my money's on Bandylegs there. He still hasn't noticed that I've stolen his belt. ;)

"haha, Saeros is the resident bookmaker, covering his preceeved losses like a pro, dat sucker elin, one born wary minut'"

Hey, Alexander, did I overhear correctly that you can get a discount on supplies? I could always use a spare spell book and ink at the right price. Speaking of spells, wanna compare notes and perhaps swap a spell or two? Gotta collect them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

*Mauler lifts his tankard to his lips but spills it as he's slapped across the back by one of a passing group of Yeomen.
    "Drink up, Stockknocker!" they proclaim, laughing.
    Mauler makes to stand, but tenses, grits his teeth and sits back down. They move on*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Are we all quite finished comparing phallic sizes? Apologies Elin for the coarse language, although from the looks of you it's nothing new. Meaning no offence, of course.

• Advertisement

"One, two, three, four, I declare a phallic war", "Five, six, seven, eight, try to keep your phallics straight."

Leave me out of your war boys.
    Oh, here's your belt Bandy. We can't have that kilt falling down now can we?

Once you go Elf everything else is..emm, err...lower shelf!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hey, Alexander, did I overhear correctly that you can get a discount on supplies? I could always use a spare spell book and ink at the right price. Speaking of spells, wanna compare notes and perhaps swap a spell or two? Gotta collect them all!

Yeah, he said we can get some discounts, which is great because I appear to have misplace....um....everything I own, other than my clothes....

Well it wasn't me anyway!

"tell dat to the frog u damn scorpean!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The barmaid comes back over and smiles at Saeros.

"Would any of you lot like anything else, you're definitely the loudest table we have today"

At the same time there is a knock at the tavern door, which is answered by the young man behind the bar. Six members of the city watch with their dull bronze armour step through into the tavern and begin to question him, although their demeanor is pleasant enough and the young man seems to be under no pressure.

The barmaid speaks again directly to Saeros

"They were looking for help from some of your lot yesterday, not an Elf I mean, the questing types"

Hmm. I'm much to drunk to be dealing with that lot. I suggest someone who is a little less inebriated. Perhaps you could speak to them, Alexander? My tolerance for soldiers and their bravado is low right now.

"It took six men to come in to tell you that yesterday they were looking for people like us.... I wonder how many would have come in if they were looking for people like us today!"

".. and send some cake to this table, we need cake"

• Advertisement

Unless it's bonafide mealworm cake, Bandylegs is not hungry.

Oh, what the hell barmaid - send them our way. I want to hear what they have to say...

"I'd like to say what they want to hear too.!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

*Mauler hunches over his tankard to obscure his face as best he can*

I take the barmaid to one side and talk with her out of earshot of the table.

My companions are getting a little tippsy and loud. From past experience I know that this will lead to trouble. Might I ask you for a bite of food for the dwarf to help quiet him down. As for the fighter over there, the one called Ekbard, well he's been known to get into trouble. Might I suggest you slip a micky finn into his drink before he kicks off?

/Slips the barmaid 5 coppers

Now don't be alarmed my dear, everything will be fine, no trouble at all, unlike the last occasion when the dwarf and the fighter laid waste to the tavern and then took on the city guards. That place was closed for 4 days while being repaired. It's what comes of us drinking on an empty stomach.

Might I suggest that you send us some food and a round of drinks, I'm sure we'll be meek as mice after and thus save you a lot of grief.

No, no need to thank me dear, it's my pleasure. And could you make that a bottle of the good wine? You are so understanding, thank you again. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going over to have a little chat with the guards here.

OOC - Hopefully my Charm Person spell on the barmaid worked. :)

I move closer to the guards to evesdrop.

Elin is NOT HAPPY about men of the City Watch heading towards her and is alarmed at her companions calling them over loudly. She hunches her shoulders and makes herself as small as possible. She can't help however eyeing up the weapons on the men.

*growing increasingly louder* 6 brutes! I took them all out with one swing of my axe! City Watch my ginger dwarven arse! Eckbard! Give me a swig of that dragons blood elixir! Where did I leave my damn axe?

You know, I've grown to like you Arry me lad. I think we can be great friends! I...I.... *falls asleep and snores loudly in his chair*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realising that half of his companions are ineberated and half are trying to hide behind their mugs, Alexander reluctantly stands and approaches the guards.

Alexander: hello, gentlemen. A little fairie tells me that you might be looking for some brave adventurers. Worry not, your search is over. Myself and my friends here are always up for a little questing.

He flashes a nervous grin.

I note the dwarf passed out. I collect one silver from Erkbard and pay two to Elan.
    Win some, lose some, all my scheming came to naught. I must tell the barmaid not to bother slipping the mickyfinn to Erkbard now.

*talking in his sleep* Mother, why? Why did you send me there! *Farts loudly and snores again*

• Advertisement

*sniggers*
    Ekbard laughs to himself at the fool bookie Saeros for paying out to Elin. As he recalls it, that wager was time limited and he estimates that its now gone past the 30 minutes the wager was based on.

Advertisement