Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Degag wrote: »
    Peter Wright a doubt for the worlds apparently. Was in hospital. On SSN.

hopefully he makes it but if not what would happen ?? would the highest ranked prem guy go straight through ??

poor Wes Newton is rightly gone down the rankings. remember seeing him in the premier league in 2014 in Dublin. he must be gone back to his day job ???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hopefully he makes it but if not what would happen ?? would the highest ranked prem guy go straight through ??

poor Wes Newton is rightly gone down the rankings. remember seeing him in the premier league in 2014 in Dublin. he must be gone back to his day job ???

In other ranking events the replacement has been the highest ranked not-already-qualified player, not sure who that would be.

Looking at the schedule (post 26) Wright is the last player to play his first round game, and his second game isn't until after Christmas. So he's pretty much got the maximum amount of time to sort it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If Wright can't play then Terry Jenkins will get his spot. Will be one last tournament for Jenkins before he retires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What's wrong with Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If Wright can't play then Terry Jenkins will get his spot. Will be one last tournament for Jenkins before he retires.
    At least the spot would go to someone deserving of it. Wright had gallstones apparently. Have to plead total ignorance to how sick you can be from them but you'd hope the nearly 3 weeks will be enough time to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

What's wrong with Peter?

Gallstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Gallstones is fairly terrible as you have to pass them out through your ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

peteeeed wrote: »
    Gallstones is fairly terrible as you have to pass them out through your ....

Nope, that's not Gallstones. That's renal stones.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Oh haha , I was talking about your lad

2 more days :D:D:D:D

Kist too beat MVG ????

• Advertisement

I've a feeling the whole thing is going to be about Taylor. Montages at every break even if he's not playing. Had to unfolllow the pdc and skysportsdarts on Twitter, driving me mad all week

I've a feeling the whole thing is going to be about Taylor. Montages at every break even if he's not playing. Had to unfolllow the pdc and skysportsdarts on Twitter, driving me mad all week

Funny you should say that , he’s on SSN

peteeeed wrote: »
    Funny you should say that , he’s on SSN

It may become unwatchable if he gets to the semis or final.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Ditto this. Painful stuff altogether.

The best thing to happen is for Taylor to get knocked early and not just because he's an arsehole. It'll take away from the rest of the tournament the longer he's in it as even when he's not playing they'll be raving about him not to mention the tributes at every opportunity.

Little segment about it on 2fm with a quick interview with Willie O Connor if anyone wants a listen.. nothing of substance really though

Check out @RTEsport’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/940719001226883072?s=09

You don't need a Twitter account to listen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good to see them covering darts. There is still a lot of sports programmes that don't cover darts at all.

Sky Sports Action becomes Sky Sports Darts 2morrow

there's a new Phil Taylor doc (which will be repeated 100s of times i imagine)on before the 18.30pm Preview show and it all kicks off at 19.00pm

Van Gerwen to win it out, and hit most 180s and highest checkout in all his games is 66/1. Couldn't resist it put 10e on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Van Gerwen to win it out, and hit most 180s and highest checkout in all his games is 66/1. Couldn't resist it put 10e on it

Paddy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Paddy?

No, Michael.

Sorry couldnt resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bring on The Power montages and tributes.

Number 17 is coming.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Bring on The Power montages and tributes.

Number 17 is coming.

he will prob start crying when/if he gets knocked out

in fairness the guy had a hell of a career and really changed the sport of darts. I respect him as a dart player but reckon he's not a nice guy outside of the sport

Reckon he got a pundit gig lined up win Sky or ITV ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

PTH2009 wrote:

Hopefully not because he'll just bring it back to himself all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

PTH2009 wrote: »
    he will prob start crying when/if he gets knocked out

in fairness the guy had a hell of a career and really changed the sport of darts. I respect him as a dart player but reckon he's not a nice guy outside of the sport

Sky I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Nice aul acca for next few days 1 will let me down though

Paddy?

Ya. Under the "what odds paddy" section

Christmas season officially starts today

unfortunately working so have record tonights games and watch later

hard to pick a winner but I think it's RVBs year

MVG will be beaten I think, don't think Taylor and Gary Anderson has it in them and Snakebite being sick has really affected his prep. Again its so hard too call and looking forward to it

I wonder is there betting for how many times we'll hear '16 times champion of the world'...'the best player ever'...'we will never see his like again'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I wonder is there betting for how many times we'll hear '16 times champion of the world'...'the best player ever'...'we will never see his like again'.

It will be nauseating but can you imagine how many many times worse it would be if Sid Wadell was still with us and commentating, I mean absolutely no disrespect to Wadell btw but his obsession with Taylor got a little embarrassing for a finish.

Advertisement