Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Which Dublin Rugby Club to Join?

• 06-11-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 shaggyout

Hi folks,

Seeking your advice on a junior rugby team to join in Dublin.

I'm a simple country lad myself so am looking for a club that's particularly welcoming to our type and not cliquey. Haven't played in a few years (now 29) but would love to get our training twice a week and most importantly engage in the social side of things.

I'm based in the Grand Canal Dock area so the closer to there the better - but not opposed to traveling if it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 irishbucsfan

It depends whether you want to play for a junior club or a junior team. If you'd prefer a junior club then I'd say Monkstown or Railway are probably the closest.

If you're OK with playing for a junior side with a bigger club, then Lansdowne is closer, but I don't know where their junior sides train because I am a lowly country lad myself.

EDIT: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic-rugby/domestic-clubs/club-finder/

This is a good link. And I'd say also there'd be a couple of lads who play for one of those clubs on this forum who might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭ The Lost Sheep

Lots of clubs nearby. Bective Rangers and Old Wesley are in Donnybrook
    Lansdowne also nearby but junior sides for all 3 clubsay train at the clubs grounds in glenamuck/carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭ shoutman

shaggyout wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Seeking your advice on a junior rugby team to join in Dublin.

I'm a simple country lad myself so am looking for a club that's particularly welcoming to our type and not cliquey. Haven't played in a few years (now 29) but would love to get our training twice a week and most importantly engage in the social side of things.

I'm based in the Grand Canal Dock area so the closer to there the better - but not opposed to traveling if it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

I play for Clontarf's Division 9 side. Our Division 5, 9 and 10 sides all train together so we always have a good turnout for training.

We have three or four lads based in Grand Canal Dock area who train and play with us (short hop out on the dart.)

While I am admittedly biased, I would say that we are very welcoming to all newcomers regardless of skill level and there is never a shortage of people looking to engage in the social side of junior level rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ bazzmch

Suttonians rfc on the dart line and have 3 senior teams. Good banter and great club atmosphere. Very welcoming to newcomers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ bazzmch

Suttonians rfc on the dart line and have 3 senior teams. Good banter and great club atmosphere. Very welcoming to newcomers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭ Losty Dublin

I'm in no way bias here but CYM aren't too far away in Terenure village and are officially the best little club in Dublin. In fact, I would go as far as to say that all of the other club are a shower of bastards :pac:

Advertisement