Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Party- Looking for Recommendation for a Nightclub in Gorey

Options
  • 02-11-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am one of the Bridesmaids organising a hen weekend for my friend.

We are heading to Seafiled Hotel for the weekend of the 25th of November.

The thing is, none of us know Gorey at all! Any recommendations for a decent late bar or nightclub where we can book an area on the Saturday night?

Looking for something with a dance floor and decent tunes.
    Most of us are in our early 30ies so we want to avoid the 'teen' crown also if possible! :P

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Probably get more accurate answers in the Wexford forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Well that makes perfect sense!! Now... how to go about getting my thread moved?? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: moved from Weddings forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Maybe try The 64 at the top of the main street, quite a young crowd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Nightclub situation in gorey is pretty poor, long gone are the heady days of the beacon I'm afraid. 64 is the only true night club but paddy blues has a late license too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Seafield is lovely
    However there's only one night club in Gorey - o2
    However that can have a young crowd
    A few of the pubs have a late license though and do music

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys. I'd say we will go with 64 and make our own fun...
    If you spot us there on the 25th, be sure to say hi! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

From a hen party perspective, the two main pubs to hit would be McGoverns (tends to get v.busy with a younger crowd after 10 on a Saturday night), and Paddy Blues. Plenty of floor space in Blues to accommodate ye all and there is a late bar there too. O2 is €8 enter before 11.30 and €10 thereafter. As previously mentioned, it tends to attract a younger crowd, although it may be quieter this time of year given the close proximity to Christmas. Nell Sweeney's/Oscars (64) is the late bar downstairs and it's where the more "sophisticated" crowd tend to stay :D

I would recommend Katie Daly's for a bite to eat (it's sister restaurant Chill has recently relocated just down the street as well), but you would have to book in advance. Lovely menu and good value. I believe the Coach House has picked up in recent months and may be worth a visit for one drink. It has a new gin menu and the likes.

As a local, I personally love Frenchs but I wouldn't be sure of it's merits as a place for a Hen Party- tight space and limited seating and sometimes doesn't take kindly to much noise. The smoking area out the back is deadly though. Breens is the next street over parallel to the main street (across from the Little Theatre), and there's always music there on a Saturday night, though the crowd can be hit and miss. Definitely hen-friendly though. Can exit Frenchs via the smoking area and take a right- just after Mizzoni's.

Seafield itself is very nice for a hotel break, but I wouldn't be spending the night drinking in it :D

If I were ye now, my itinerary would be something like: one in the Tara Vale which is only down the road from Seafield. Taxi into Gorey to the Coach House for the start of the "tour". Make the way up town and try Frenchs depending on the size of the group. Definitely visit Breens. The Fowler then which is just up the street from Frenchs. Usually a mixed crowd in there on a Saturday. Try to get to McGoverns then before it gets too packed (get there early enough and they may well sort ye out for seats). Over to Paddy Blues circa mid-night, where you could stay for the night, or trek over to O2 depending on how busy the night itself is.

Breens-Blues all within a 2 minute walk of each other on the next street over from the main street. Frenchs-Fowler-McGoverns-O2 all within the same block on the main street. Sorrentos, Mizzoni's or Ming Garden for the late night junk food :D

I would recommend having a taxi back to Seafield booked in advance though (the hotel can arrange that for you anyway), as the local taxi men tend to work on phone-calls anyway, and prefer short spins around Gorey itself than one run to Ballymoney and back.

Enjoy yourselves anyway. Might even bump into me on your travels :D

Advertisement