Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*New* Senior ICT Specialist jobs EO and HEO (open)

Options
24567

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭billyhead


    Burgo wrote: »
    Anyone hear the dates for the heo?

    Not yet. Shortlisting is next


  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy


    Anyone get a call or email yet?


  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭qzy


    Anyone get a call or email yet?

    Nope, nothing yet


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    Anyone do their interview yet for EO? I've mine the week after next.


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco


    Burgo wrote: »
    Anyone hear the dates for the heo?

    I doubt we'll hear anything this month


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy


    anyone hear anything? :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭billyhead


    anyone hear anything? :)

    Nope


  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭qzy


    Nothing yet


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fionnger


    Has anyone heard back from EO-ICT interviews from January?


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    I emailed a few days ago and they came back yesterday to say results would be out by the end of February so that's next Wednesday. Fingers x'd for everyone.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    I heard today Ive been placed. Delighted. Anyone else hear yet?


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fionnger


    Hi Emermc congrats, I also got confirmation I got placed 6th in order of merit. Is this a good placing as I've never applied for civil service post before?


  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull


    Fionnger wrote: »
    Hi Emermc congrats, I also got confirmation I got placed 6th in order of merit. Is this a good placing as I've never applied for civil service post before?

    Yeah man it's great, it means that there's only 5 people ahead of you. So for the first position available, if those 5 turn it down you will be offered it. As long as there's more than 5 initial positions available you'll be offered a position, and soon probably. They'll call to tell you what and where and ask if you accept.


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    Congrats that is great. Is that for development or infrastructure? I'm in the development stream & I'm 21. Hopefully there will be more than 21 jobs over the next 2 years. There are 3 public bodies looking too so hopefully.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fionnger


    emermc wrote: »
    Congrats that is great. Is that for development or infrastructure? I'm in the development stream & I'm 21. Hopefully there will be more than 21 jobs over the next 2 years. There are 3 public bodies looking too so hopefully.

    Its for infrastructure and I will probably opt for a regional post since I live down the country. I'd say the first posts will be offered in Dublin though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22


    What qualifications/experience did you have to get on the various panels? I applied for both and was place on one (dev) 30s. I've a higher dip in IT but no experience in tech


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    I've a B.Sc. in IT & a few years programming experience but I've not been working in I.T. for Awhile.


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    doc22 wrote: »
    What qualifications/experience did you have to get on the various panels? I applied for both and was place on one (dev) 30s. I've a higher dip in IT but no experience in tech

    That is probably a decent placement to be honest - They say there are loads of jobs & lots of people retiring over the next few years and the panel will last for 2 years. Also, not everyone will except the offer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    Congrats Fionnger


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fionnger


    emermc wrote: »
    Congrats Fionnger

    Cheers Emermc, As regards qualifications I came from an electronics test engineer background and worked for an ISP for over 16 years mainly maintaining and building external networks . CCNA , Fibre testing and splicing, etc.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy


    Eo or heo ? p.s congrats ðŸ˜
    Fionnger wrote: »
    Cheers Emermc, As regards qualifications I came from an electronics test engineer background and worked for an ISP for over 16 years mainly maintaining and building external networks . CCNA , Fibre testing and splicing, etc.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fionnger


    Eo or heo ? p.s congrats ðŸ˜

    EO-ICT


  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emermc


    How do you guys feel about the salary?

    Anyone hear about HEO?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Juak


    emermc wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about the salary?

    Anyone hear about HEO?

    Is there an issue with the salary for eo?!


  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010


    Juak wrote: »
    Is there an issue with the salary for eo?!

    It's crap :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Juak


    posy2010 wrote: »
    It's crap :pac:

    Ha good to know, I'm a co currently so I presume I will go to the next scale on eo salary which is better than what I'm currently on?!


  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010


    Juak wrote: »
    Ha good to know, I'm a co currently so I presume I will go to the next scale on eo salary which is better than what I'm currently on?!

    Ah yeah - it is def better than CO wage! A good bump for you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue


    Any rumblings on HEO interviews?


  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy


    nope nothing from the heo on my side ha and yeah the salary for eo is pretty bad compared to the private sector


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue


    nope nothing from the heo on my side ha and yeah the salary for eo is pretty bad compared to the private sector


    Speak of the devil. Just got email, they’re interviewing the first 20 of each stream (dev/infrastructure). Interviews beginning next Tuesday (13th March).


Advertisement