Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Yeah. Yesterday and today and still not working

Not working for me either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Is getting pricey but a small bit of value left in it.

I don't know.

You'd have to go to games involving different counties, I'm not sure that's season ticket material.

Also there's no league semifinals now, so that's another free competitive game out the window that it doesn't cover

7 league games is €91
    1 champ game €25
    €5 off the 2nd game that's €121.00

If you get to the final another game too.

And no hassle looking for tickets for super 8's away days..

For me €120 is okay anymore than that I'd have to think about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Trying to figure out if this is good value for a Christmas present.

Considering buying and Adult Club+ €200 for a senior in Kilkenny, who goes to quite a few Club & County Hurling Fixtures.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Trying to figure out if this is good value for a Christmas present.

Considering buying and Adult Club+ €200 for a senior in Kilkenny, who goes to quite a few Club & County Hurling Fixtures.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Seniors can apply for a pass into all club games in their county. Don’t know about intercounty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

7 league games is €91
    1 champ game €25
    €5 off the 2nd game that's €121.00

If you get to the final another game too.

And no hassle looking for tickets for super 8's away days..

For me €120 is okay anymore than that I'd have to think about it..

away DAY for Dublin:rolleyes:

Got mine yesterday so at least I'll have something else for the kids to be mildly excited about on Christmas morning

Away day for all teams in the super 8's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Anyone try to put the ST number in to your GRMA a/c

I've heard they won't be recognized until after the 1st league game of the season....

Away day for all teams in the super 8's

Dublin play one away game and two home games in Croke Park.

All other teams play two away games and one home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Seniors can apply for a pass into all club games in their county. Don’t know about intercounty.

Seniors can go to club matches for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Seniors can go to club matches for free?

Yes, within their county.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

One opt out.

You can go to any league match but only in your code. Also, if a match is sold out/likely to sell out, and your county isn't playing, you won't get in with a season ticket.

New to the season tickets - say you have a season ticket (non Dublin) and want to go to one of the Dublin league games (all allocated seating)- how do your seats get allocated - do you apply/print tickets in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Horrible color this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Plus 10 wrote: »
    New to the season tickets - say you have a season ticket (non Dublin) and want to go to one of the Dublin league games (all allocated seating)- how do your seats get allocated - do you apply/print tickets in advance?

Log into your season ticket acc a week before the match and request tickets (free). If you have 4 season tickets for example you can request up to 4 match tickets. Just need to print them out to attend match (will be seated together).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Log into your season ticket acc a week before the match and request tickets (free). If you have 4 season tickets for example you can request up to 4 match tickets. Just need to print them out to attend match (will be seated together).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

How do I get the tickets for the club all Ireland.
    Are they just posted out or do I have to request them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kala85 wrote: »
    How do I get the tickets for the club all Ireland.
    Are they just posted out or do I have to request them.

the tickets appear automatically in the My Tickets section a few weeks before the final and you have to print them off. Think you have a limit of a week to accept them. you can download them as PDFs and email them to someone else

you use your card for entry into the Junior and Intermediate finals

mayo.mick wrote: »

Is it only one league match each weekend that you can go to and get free tickets for.

Say there was a league match on Saturday and a league match on Sunday could i get tickets for both using the season ticket pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

It's hurling or football.
    Unless you have 2 different season tickets for both code's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it only one league match each weekend that you can go to and get free tickets for.

Say there was a league match on Saturday and a league match on Sunday could i get tickets for both using the season ticket pass.

You can go to both, has to be in the code your season ticket is for though.

• Advertisement

You can go to both, has to be in the code your season ticket is for though.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Oldtree wrote: »
    I still want my fantastic can't buy for love nor money stress free central lower cusack seat at the AI :D so good value for money yet :P

This post captures the essence of the Season Ticket. If your team has a realistic chance of getting to an AI final then you should be in. If not then there are many other options.

To see the clamour for Galway and Waterford tickets this year is the best example. If they are going to be around for a few more years and challenging then it is a no brainer for people from those counties to buy a season ticket at the current prices. If you are rooted to Division 4 then pay at the gate is the obvious decision.

I remember struggling to get a ticket for the Dubs in 2011 and said I would never go through that hassle again. Signed up for 2 adult plus 2 juvenile and have been at every Dublin final in lower Cusack since then - 4 tickets in a row is golddust.

Kids have now passed into adult and I pay now for 4 adult tickets and it is still worth it for the hassle free run in to the final. If we are not in the final then there is no hassle anyhow.

This is the best product the GAA has bar none in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Apologies if this has been asked before but here goes anyway; I got two season tickets (one for myself and one for my dad). My dad is fairly advanced in years and might not be able to go to all the matches. I still want to get the two tickets scanned when I attend a match though because I might qualify for an All-Ireland final ticket.
    I know that the turnstile operators would scan a second ticket in the past if you asked them but I have heard that they are cracking down on this now and won't do it anymore (they will only scan a season ticket if a person is in possession of it- they won't scan two tickets for one person).
    Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

In essence yes. You might get lucky.

What I do is give my ticket to someone else walking in anyway and they get it scanned. (That's happened twice in 8 years that I needed to and we didn't get to the All Ireland those times)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

In essence yes. You might get lucky.

What I do is give my ticket to someone else walking in anyway and they get it scanned. (That's happened twice in 8 years that I needed to and we didn't get to the All Ireland those times)

Yeah I know I could give the ticket to someone walking in without a ticket (I'm sure they would be happy to get in for free) but most people will have bought a ticket beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah I know I could give the ticket to someone walking in without a ticket (I'm sure they would be happy to get in for free) but most people will have bought a ticket beforehand.

Not necessarily. There's always stragglers. Worth a punt the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Yes, within their county.

Didn’t know that. Been thinking the club + was great value too, Christ!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I have a question Id appreciate some help with (I don't see it previously being raised).

For the league games is it possible to attend a match without the card by printing ticket from website (but continuing to get credits for attendance)? I have the situation of having a Cork season ticket but being based in Dublin, for the games I cant attend Id like my brother in law who is based in Limerick to attend but logistics of posting the card back and over isn't ideal.

I have a question Id appreciate some help with (I don't see it previously being raised).

For the league games is it possible to attend a match without the card by printing ticket from website (but continuing to get credits for attendance)? I have the situation of having a Cork season ticket but being based in Dublin, for the games I cant attend Id like my brother in law who is based in Limerick to attend but logistics of posting the card back and over isn't ideal.

My experience from last season is its the physical card thats needed for all games with the odd exception (e.g. the final in Croke Park). There wasnt an option to print tickets for any other games other than the Club Finals.

Even when they made the Kerry-Dublin game in Tralee an all ticket affair, it was still just the card that could be presented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

BPKS wrote: »
    My experience from last season is its the physical card thats needed for all games with the odd exception (e.g. the final in Croke Park). There wasnt an option to print tickets for any other games other than the Club Finals.

Even when they made the Kerry-Dublin game in Tralee an all ticket affair, it was still just the card that could be presented.

Yeah I think printouts can only be used for games in Croker.

Advertisement