Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy sand

Options
  • 21-10-2017 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in the city or county that I could buy sand? I need it to make concrete but I only need a little (about a bucket or two).
    Do hardware stores sell it? I live in north Cork so somewhere in that area would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Woodies sell bags of sand/cement mix. Probably sell sand on its own too.
    A lot of co-ops sell it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Toss Bryan have bags of sand, got it there a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

nlrkjos wrote: »
    Toss Bryan have bags of sand, got it there a few weeks back.

Thanks, never heard of that place before

lukin wrote: »
    Thanks, never heard of that place before

Fermoy...sorry I thought you'd know that, good gaff,everything from a nail to an anchor.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

lukin wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in the city or county that I could buy sand? I need it to make concrete but I only need a little (about a bucket or two).
    Do hardware stores sell it? I live in north Cork so somewhere in that area would be ideal.

They use sand from the beach as a base layer for roads

• Advertisement

They use sand from the beach as a base layer for roads

no good for mixing with cement as beach sand is rounded and won't bind to cement. Quarried sand is irregular shaped and binds better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

I got it at Mallow Dairgold Co-op store, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

If you try any small builder on site , a bag of sand for fiver goes a long way .

Advertisement