Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

will this bottle of whiskey be ok?

Options
  • 20-10-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Got a bottle of whiskey as a present last Christmas. It was in the boot of the car up until march and then I eventually bought it in home.

Dont drink whiskey but wondering if I gave it away would it still be in perfect condition. As in I dont want to give it to a person and they drink it and they notice that its off. I would trow it down the sink if thats the case.

Should it be ok? Even if it has been rolling around the boot for 3 months? (its Jamson btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's now rank and dangerous and considered Grade 1 Hazardous Waste.
    Don't worry this is your lucky day I am the only person in Ireland licensed to dispose of it in compliance with EU Regulations.
    Send it by courier with a fee of €50 and I will take care of it for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is realistically nothing you can do to damage an unopened bottle of whiskey. Maybe some extremely intensive UV light; or maybe prolonged exposure to radiation. Heat/cold, being bounced around, normal amounts of light etc will do nothing.

In your situation the contents will be in perfect condition.

Opened whiskey lasts indefinitely too - the alcohol content is too high for it to possibly go bad; but the taste may be affected over time by oxidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

L1011 wrote: »
    Opened whiskey lasts indefinitely too - the alcohol content is too high for it to possibly go bad; but the taste may be affected over time by oxidation.

Can confirm, discovered a few ancient and dusty bottles of Bushmills during our renovation last year which were half empty and had been stored in an outdoor storage area for God knows how long since being opened. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Advertisement