Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Just took Mhky out for Mahrez, looks like Mhky's price is about to drop again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably do:

Davies -> Duffy (to rotate with Naughton for the next few weeks)
    Brady -> Richarlison

I might hold off for another week however especially with Brady having a nice fixture this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jesus Sterling kun all start for city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Don't think that augurs well for a Aguero start at the weekend. I reckon its back to Jesus Sane Sterling, given he'll have been the only one to start the last two. Caveat Emptor on Kun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Islander13 wrote: »
    Don't think that augurs well for a Aguero start at the weekend. I reckon its back to Jesus Sane Sterling, given he'll have been the only one to start the last two. Caveat Emptor on Kun!

I don’t see that at all. Jesus travelled to South America, played 2 internationals, returned to England and played the next 2 games, including a CL game.

Aguero had none of this so is fresh, and could easily play 4 or 5 games in a row.

Also, who is to say what happens tonight? If he breaks the record early he might only play a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Islander13 wrote: »

This was my thoughts exactly when I saw the line up.

Then Aguero Sane + whoever for Napoli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Benimar wrote: »
    I don’t see that at all. Jesus travelled to South America, played 2 internationals, returned to England and played the next 2 games, including a CL game.

Aguero had none of this so is fresh, and could easily play 4 or 5 games in a row.

Also, who is to say what happens tonight? If he breaks the record early he might only play a half.

See you here at 2pm Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thinking 4 point hit to get Sane in. If he's starting he's a must have.

Confident Aggy will be fine for the weekend. Id say he wants to get the record in front of thr home fans. Also nice opportunity for him to get a bit more game time and up to speed after injury

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morzadec wrote: »
    Thinking 4 point hit to get Sane in. If he's starting he's a must have.

Confident Aggy will be fine for the weekend. Id say he wants to get the record in front of thr home fans. Also nice opportunity for him to get a bit more game time and up to speed after injury
    Aggy
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Aggy Aggy Aggy

Oi oi oi

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

That's almost as bad as tranny for Transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

What are Sanwners doing? Trying to decide if he's worth keeping long term. If he only misses a game here and there, he'd be worth it but that's a big if.
    Wish I got Sane instead of Sterling :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

gammygils wrote: »
    Wish I got Sane instead of Sterling :rolleyes:

You and me both

Well don't listen to me, looks like we'll be lucky to see 20 minutes from Aggy this weekend after 120 last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll do Sterling to Richarlison and bank the other ft. Lukaku will probably stay as don't see a better option this week, despite his fixture. Aguero/Jesus is a conundrum, Lacazette isn't convincing yet, Morata looks off the pace, Firmino is too inconsistent. I just don't know.

I appreciate it is futile trying to predict Pep but surely it’s odds on that Jesus will start and Kun will be on the bench this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I appreciate it is futile trying to predict Pep but surely it’s odds on that Jesus will start and Kun will be on the bench this weekend.

Or they both play and Aguero gets pulled after 60 mins is my guess.Both will be playing the Napoli game so thats why I can see that happening.
    The game was Tuesday extra days rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll do alli and sterling to salah and sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Even with two free transfers think I may hold on. Aguero playing for 120 minutes thinks rules out Jesus to him for another GW, Keeping kane, because, well he's Kane, and maybe will hold on to Vardy for another week against Everton.

If anyone is to be dropped, will probably be Ben Davis, but for who?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Must be more chance of Jesus starting now this Sat after Aguero played 120 mins and Jesus only playing 83? Would it be worth risking bringing him in for Lukaku, no hits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

PARlance wrote: »
    Harsh :)

Lukaku ---> Kane
    Hazard ---> salah
    Arnie ---> Ramsey

Hazard and Lukaku both got assists last week and Arnie... well he hasn't scored all season, let alone last week.

Kane is a must have, Salah almost and Ramsey a bargain at 7m imo.

Now reconsidering might try a one week punt on Sanchez against Swansea he will be a huge differential and then dump for the tough run. And with Kane against united this week it could be tricky.

Lukaku --> firmino
    Hazard --> Sanchez
    Alonso --> walker

With the plan being next week
    Sanchez --> salah
    Firmino --> Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hazard to Coutinho or Salah?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Must be more chance of Jesus starting now this Sat after Aguero played 120 mins and Jesus only playing 83? Would it be worth risking bringing him in for Lukaku, no hits?

He should probably start but will he play much the other weeks going forward with Aguero back?

If I had him I'd keep him (for at least one week anyway), but if I didn't have him I wouldn't bring him in.

Would probably consider a cheaper striker in for Lukaku and then upgrade a cheap midfielder to Sane (if you don't already have him) for a 4 point hit.

Predicting City is very difficult though and my guess is as good as anybody's. Whoever can get it right will do very well in this game!

Hazard to Coutinho or Salah?

Hazard's in pretty good form and B'mouth away is a tasty fixture. I would probably hold off on that change and reassess next week, and use the transfer elsewhere (if needed) or bank it if not

Hazard's in pretty good form and B'mouth away is a tasty fixture. I would probably hold off on that change and reassess next week, and use the transfer elsewhere (if needed) or bank it if not

He has one assist
    A sideways pass from a corner
    Chelsea themselves very awful Saturday and the scoreline was extremely flattering and due to watfords dire finishing when 2-1 up

He costs 10.6 million

Salah would be my choice from those 2due to goal threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

PTP

km79 wrote: »
    He has one assist
    A sideways pass from a corner
    Chelsea themselves very awful Saturday and the scoreline was extremely flattering and due to watfords dire finishing when 2-1 up

He costs 10.6 million

Salah would be my choice from those 2due to goal threat

He got a couple in the CL though recently didn't he?

I wouldn't bring him in to my team and I never would have considered doing so this season. I totally agree with you that he's overpriced at 10.6, and certainly Salah is better value.

But the poster seemed to suggest he had him in his team already, in which case I would say that B'mouth away is fixture I'd give him a shot in and reassess next week. Presumably he brought in Hazard for a set of fairly favourable fixtures for Chelsea, of which this Bournemouth one is a part of.

Hard to say without seeing his team but my point was that I'm assuming that his transfer can be more effectively used elsewhere, or even banked.

If he already has 2 FTs and the rest of his squad has no obvious room for improvement then I would definitely consider this transfer however, based on Liverpool's upcoming fixtures being more favourable and Hazard being overpriced.

I wouldn't bring him in to my team and I never would have considered doing so this season. I totally agree with you that he's overpriced at 10.6, and certainly Salah is better value.

But the poster seemed to suggest he had him in his team already, in which case I would say that B'mouth away is fixture I'd give him a shot in and reassess next week. Presumably he brought in Hazard for a set of fairly favourable fixtures for Chelsea, of which this Bournemouth one is a part of.

Hard to say without seeing his team but my point was that I'm assuming that his transfer can be more effectively used elsewhere, or even banked.

If he already has 2 FTs and the rest of his squad has no obvious room for improvement then I would definitely consider this transfer however, based on Liverpool's upcoming fixtures being more favourable and Hazard being overpriced.

He did. But firmino also scored well in champ league but has zero FF form
    I've watched hazard twice in last couple of league games
    Not impressed
    If I had bought him last week I'd still consider selling him for a pool mid and use extra 1.5 on another player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Elliot Gomes
    Kolasinic Stones Cedric Naughton Games
    Dilva Hazard Atsu Carroll Chalobah
    Kane Morata Jesus

I have Morata as Chelsea cover but worried about lack of Liverpool with their favourable fixtures.
    I take your point about banking but feel like Liverpool might comeback with a bang after last week's disaster.

1.1m itb
    1 FT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I don't want to change any forward players until after to weekend so may just bank it.
    Unless.....is getting Mertesecker in a waste? Arsenal have a great chance of a clean sheet this weekend and he is cheap

Advertisement