Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cork a good place to hold a convention?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Or should I consider a bigger location like Dublin? Convention would be for 300+ people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Depends on lots of factors. How large is the main event?
    Where are your attendees coming from?
    How many breakout rooms/workshops will run simultaneously?
    Do you want to engage local support?
    When is it on - it might clash with something.

You certainly could run an event of that size in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Look at the teacher conferences, they always go to the big venues so its usually Killarney/Cork/Kilkenny/Bundoran/Galway. Am I leaving anyone out?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

greentoms wrote: »
    Or should I consider a bigger location like Dublin? Convention would be for 300+ people

Depends is this a national or an international event? What type of event is it?Where are people coming from? Basically if you want it cheaper and quieter, Cork is better, if you're looking for more things to do but busy and expensive, Dublin is better. As you're thinking about cork, try asking Cork Convention Bureau for some advice.

Advertisement