Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Young Farmer

• 16-10-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    Looking to see what my options are for grants as a young farmer. I will have comleted the greencert in the new year. I am currently renting 8.5 ha and have 50 sheep at present. It seems all the grant are aimed a very narrow stran of young farmers who are estblished with large heards or flocks. They moved the goal posts this year for the national reserve and I was just outside the deadline in 15. I was lucky enought to get 3 entitlements this year from a gift but thats it. As i got my flock number in 15 my ability to get some of the payments will run out in 2020.
    If anyone has experience of this i would love to hear your opinions.

Advertisement