Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New front door - recommendations needed

Options
  • 11-10-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

We need a new front door and are struggling to get a quote from anyone. Asked Munster Joinery for a quote in August and despite following it up I have yet to hear back from them. Senator Windows were way out of my price range. Have a number of a local fitter in Carlow but he will not give us a quote either - have rang him several times and he fobs me off with I'll get back to you this evening with a quote. It seems that my job is too small for anyone and really need a new door installed for the winter months. I have numbers for others but don't know anyone who has had work done with them. Anyone recommend anyone who was good? We are located on Carlow/Wexford border.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

patricia88 wrote: »
    We need a new front door and are struggling to get a quote from anyone. Asked Munster Joinery for a quote in August and despite following it up I have yet to hear back from them. Senator Windows were way out of my price range. Have a number of a local fitter in Carlow but he will not give us a quote either - have rang him several times and he fobs me off with I'll get back to you this evening with a quote. It seems that my job is too small for anyone and really need a new door installed for the winter months. I have numbers for others but don't know anyone who has had work done with them. Anyone recommend anyone who was good? We are located on Carlow/Wexford border.
    You could try shay Dempsey at weatherglaze
    (086) 207 7648

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Do yourself a favour and stay away from Munster Joinery. Poor workmanship, rubbish customer service and long lead times. I had to have five separate hall doors hung in the space of a year before they got it any way right, never again.
    As mentioned, try Weatherglaze, Gorey Glass or K&K.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

Try Maloney windows they do doors aswell as Windows. They did mine and it was 400 cheaper than any other quote and that was with the door be a paladio door

Advertisement