Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a fee of I leave eir broadband and phone and switch to sky?

Options
  • 08-10-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone, I want to leave Eir broadband and phone and switch to sky internet and phone, I already have sky q TV, and I don't want to have to pay a cancellation fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Have you called eir and asked? Are you within a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on if you're in contract with eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

If your contract is up there is no changeover fee. You let sky make the change and you just pay Eir what you've used prior to the changeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Whats the reason for wanting to leave Eir?
    Just so you know, sky, eir and Vodafone all use the same lines.
    If one has an issue, they all do.
    The only real difference is price?

.red. wrote: »
    Whats the reason for wanting to leave Eir?
    Just so you know, sky, eir and Vodafone all use the same lines.
    If one has an issue, they all do.
    The only real difference is price?

In my case price WAS the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 milhouse79

It's just pure price, currently paying €50 for eir and €54 for variety pack with Sky q and mini box.

Donal55 wrote: »
    In my case price WAS the issue.

It's purely about price, Eir is €50 & sky is€54, that's crazy

milhouse79 wrote: »
    It's purely about price, Eir is €50 & sky is€54, that's crazy

Nope my contract was €76 with Eir. €37 with sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just be careful as the sky packs don't include calls to mobiles so chec your usage if any.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just be careful as the sky packs don't include calls to mobiles so chec your usage if any.
    Spot on. I was only interested in land line plus the international use.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

My eir is just broadband with landline, I pay for calls, it's purely there for a back up, we've great deals on our mobiles,

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

t got a notice from Eir that they are increasing the monthly charge by €6 - even though I am only 6 months into an 18 month contract. The email says

"If you are on a promotional offer the discount will be applied to your new monthly fee for the remainder of your promotional period. If you are still within your minimum term contract, the end date of your minimum term will stay the same."

I checked the contract and it appears they are allowed to do this with 1 month notice. How unfair is that - they can change the terms of the contract in mid stream and I can't exit without paying penalties!

Stugots wrote: »
    t got a notice from Eir that they are increasing the monthly charge by €6 - even though I am only 6 months into an 18 month contract. The email says

"If you are on a promotional offer the discount will be applied to your new monthly fee for the remainder of your promotional period. If you are still within your minimum term contract, the end date of your minimum term will stay the same."

I checked the contract and it appears they are allowed to do this with 1 month notice. How unfair is that - they can change the terms of the contract in mid stream and I can't exit without paying penalties!

I know it's ridiculous, buy out clause for us is €138 rather not pay it but serious going to change.

I just called the eir free phone number to try find out what the early termination fee would be. Great news is that I can terminate the contract with no penalty now as they are changing terms.

I will be sooooo glad to get back to Sky!

I just called the eir free phone number to try find out what the early termination fee would be. Great news is that I can terminate the contract with no penalty now as they are changing terms.

I will be sooooo glad to get back to Sky!

How come no cancellation fee

milhouse79 wrote: »
    How come no cancellation fee

The operator said that since they were changing the terms of the contract, they were required to give me an opt-out at no charge. I double checked with the wording quoted previously which I thought meant I could not exit the contract, but she assured me it was not a problem.

She also tried to encourage me to step down my phone package to offset the cost increase, and strongly encouraged that I shop around and then come back to them before switching provider.

I'm delighted - I hate Eir TV. They are years behind Sky in the user interface. Much as I detested any time I had to deal with Sky customer service, their product is excellent, particularly in comparison to Eir TV.

The operator said that since they were changing the terms of the contract, they were required to give me an opt-out at no charge. I double checked with the wording quoted previously which I thought meant I could not exit the contract, but she assured me it was not a problem.

She also tried to encourage me to step down my phone package to offset the cost increase, and strongly encouraged that I shop around and then come back to them before switching provider.

I'm delighted - I hate Eir TV. They are years behind Sky in the user interface. Much as I detested any time I had to deal with Sky customer service, their product is excellent, particularly in comparison to Eir TV.

Nice 1, it's just Eir broadband that I have and that bill is€50 a month and sky package is €54 but I've seen it on Sky that fibre , TV and my variety bundle for just €69 a month that's a better deal.

Advertisement