Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster vs Connacht Ravenhill Fri 06/10/2017 7.35 BBC2 NI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Save us Supermacs Rodney, you're our only hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ulster's line speed is great this half, great defence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ulster showing a bit of intensity in defence at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

there is hope yet. Rodney is on

I thought Bundee was offside there......oh well, something else for the BBC to go on about.

• Advertisement

Monster tackles by Ulster - they have this in the bag IMO

Treadwell has done some great carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

vienne86 wrote: »

Aye. Best I've seen of him.

This is Connacht's last chance surely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If Rodney was joining those rucks from the side any more than he currently is, he'd be bumping into the touch judge.

• Advertisement

Wow.....card! Come on Connacht......Jazuz - some defence by Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Very dumb by Connacht. Set up a DG and ensure the BP. Instead they run down the clock and now look like they'll leave with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

There is call it as you see it commentary for you : "knocked backward waves the referee, the crowd needless to say, disagree".
    So fair play there. He is acknowledging the biased Ravenhill crowd, and by extension we presume, the biased audience he is paid to commentate to.

The most Connacht performance I have ever seen. They've the same toothless attacking in the 22 they had last year.

Well defended by Ulster, but gutted Connacht got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Connacht leaders have to communicate: TAKE THE ****ING BONUS POINT LADS!!!!

Infuriating to watch. No clock management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

vienne86 wrote: »

This boy has a serious future I'm thinking.
    Himself and Ryan for Ireland. Mmmmmm.....

Well Connacht have only themselves to blame for getting nothing from that match - the LBP was there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

There is call it as you see it commentary for you : "knocked backward waves the referee, the crowd needless to say, disagree".
    So fair play there. He is acknowledging the biased Ravenhill crowd, and by extension we presume, the biased audience he is paid to commentate to.
    Shyte like this really adds to the enjoyment of the game. You need to take your head out of the hole it's in. You didn't bother to finish the quote which was "the crowd needless to say, disagree but they were wrong".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The Connacht leaders have to communicate: TAKE THE ****ING BONUS POINT LADS!!!!

Infuriating to watch. No clock management.
    Exactly, one kickable penalty turned down to go for a try, didn't make it, the next penalty has to go for the posts. Poor captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Why didn't we just set up for the drop kick FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The most Connacht performance I have ever seen. They've the same toothless attacking in the 22 they had last year.

Same thing as last year. Teams realised if they have a quick line in defence, Connacht struggle to move the ball and will make errors. It hasn't changed. Farrell is a strike runner but not someone in midfield that is:

a) A powerhouse who can take a hit and continue forward momentum
    b) Nimble enough to slip by an onrushing defender
    c) Silky enough with ball in hand to take the pass and move it.

Ronaldson needs to come back into that midfield and fast.

Teams
    Ulster: Ulster Rugby team to play Connacht (Friday 6th October, Kingspan Stadium, 7.35pm):
    (1-8): K McCall, R Herring, W Herbst, A O'Connor, K Treadwell, I Henderson, C Henry (captain), J Deysel;
    (9-15): J Cooney, C Lealiifano, J Stockdale, S McCloskey, L Marshall, T Bowe, C Piutau;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, A Warwick, R Ah You, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, P Nelson, L Ludik.

Connacht: (15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Cian Kelleher, Bundee Aki, Tom Farell, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Quinn Roux, Eoin McKeon, Jarrad Butler, John Muldoon (Capt)
    Replacements (16-23): Dave Heffernan, Denis Coulson, Conor Carey, James Cannon, Eoghan Masterson, Caolin Blade, Steve Crosbie, Eoin Griffin.

There are so many unknowns here. Will Connacht go back to being dreadful, or has there been a progression since KK joined the ranks? Will Ulster bring their Scarlets form or their Zebre form? There are just so many unknowns to this game. One thing is certain, one team is going to come out scarred from this game from a supporters belief point of view. So how do you think this game is going to pan out? I honestly can say I have no idea.
    Both of them brought their worst was the answer

Connacht should've won this, nevermind the bonus point. You could have had Ulster lads in hammocks defending those mauls and they would've kept us out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Kiss Keane out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht a bit unlucky that it was McKeon that the last pass fell to early in the 2nd half. Any of the backs and that would have been a try.

Have to try and take a LBP out of that though in the end.

Nobody can take any joy out of that win or loss. It was dreadful stuff. Kellleher was brutal, Matt was brutal. Connacht were brutal, Ulster were brutal. You are left pondering how ****e your team is

Nobody can take any joy out of that win or loss. It was dreadful stuff. Kellleher was brutal, Matt was brutal. Connacht were brutal, Ulster were brutal. You are left pondering how ****e your team is

Some decent stuff from some of the Ulster players though. Henderson was good in the second half - some crucial tackles. Treadwell carried like a train. I thought Luke Marshall made some great tackles and had a decent game. Cooney continued his great form. And then there was Stockdale - man to watch.

And I thught Crosbie went well for Connacht when he came on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Who's 22?

They still seem to force it in their own and it ends up costing them.

Advertisement