Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traineeship for grad w/ 2.2

Options
  • 05-10-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am trying to manage my expectations here and would love some advice from the boards community.

I have an undergraduate degree in English Lit/Media and achieved a 2.2, I also have a masters in publishing and achieved 2.1, have about 4 years experience as a project manager too.

And finally have just started a law masters in Dublin and expect to achieve a 1.1 (at worst a 2.1).I want to become a solicitor once finished.

What I'm looking for is advice. From what I understand most of the larger firms in Dublin expect at the very least a 2.1 degree, I'm worried that my 2.2 undergrad is going to stop them from considering me for internships and once I finish a traineeship.

Does anyone out there have any advice about this? Should I start looking at mid-size/smaller firms? Perhaps if my extra curricular actives and volunteer work are good, I might be still in with a shot?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lozano23

I'm in a similar boat. This post is almost two years old...how have you fared since may I ask?

Advertisement