Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should a chimney sweep cost

Options
  • 14-09-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a ballpark figure for how much it should cost to have an open fireplace cleaned.

Any recommendations for north Cork most welcome by DM.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I get a guy for my stove and flue once a year, does a great job (well no chimney fires anyway) he charges me €75 for approx 2 hrs work and no mess left behind.I think he charges about €60 for an open fire with boiler. that's just an idea of price, but I'm away down south Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I pay about €30, but I've a small fire, no back boiler and apparently the flue is "easy".

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks Nirjos, any chance you could forward me a tel number, in the North Cork area please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Thanks Nirjos, any chance you could forward me a tel number, in the North Cork area please

50 euro. Anymore than that and you're getting burnt.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Is it true you need a certified chimney sweep once a year for insurance reasons? I have been DIY-ing it all this time. Might need to get in swept by a certified professional if that's the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement