Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-TEC AlarmSense Fire Panel

Options
  • 05-09-2017 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,
    As the title suggests I am requesting some information on how the C-TEC AlarmSense Fire Panel operates.
    I am living in a house converted to multiple occupancy apartments and we have one of these in our hallway, which has started to go off at just after 8am linked to a shrill claxon. Is this a test being remotely monitored and is the alarm linked back to a HQ somewhere?
    Why I ask is that presumably before 8am might be considered sleeping time, so I thought it might be assumed people would be up and about, ready to head out to work and therefore in a position to turn the 'off' key.
    My neighbour and myself did manage through the terrible noise to get it off via the key and by trial-and-error on the buttons after about 10 minutes (we couldn't see instructions which made sense to us) and he wrote out the A-B-C procedure on a piece of card beside the unit for future reference.
    I haven't spoken the guy who comes out to look at the alarm, I gather, every six months or so.
    Any comments or suggestions on the alarm panel going off? It hasn't happened in a while but I want to know what to expect again if it does.
    Many thanks.

SinSceilEile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,
    As the title suggests I am requesting some information on how the C-TEC AlarmSense Fire Panel operates.
    I am living in a house converted to multiple occupancy apartments and we have one of these in our hallway, which has started to go off at just after 8am linked to a shrill claxon. Is this a test being remotely monitored and is the alarm linked back to a HQ somewhere?
    Why I ask is that presumably before 8am might be considered sleeping time, so I thought it might be assumed people would be up and about, ready to head out to work and therefore in a position to turn the 'off' key.
    My neighbour and myself did manage through the terrible noise to get it off via the key and by trail and error on the buttons after about 10 minutes (we couldn't see instructions which made sense to us) and he wrote out the A-B-C procedure on a piece of card beside the unit for future reference.
    I haven't spoken the guy who comes out to look at the alarm, I gather, every six months or so.
    Any comments or suggestions on the alarm panel going off? It hasn't happened in a while but I want to know what to expect again if it does.
    Many thanks.

SinSceilEile.

If the fire alarm is going off by itself this would indicate a fault more so than a remote test been preformed.
    Id advise ringing the company that maintain the system and have it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SinSceilEile

Thanks altor.
    The neighbour's son told me they hadn't triggered it, and I know I had not but they are all really heavy smokers from dawn until dusk, so I suppose that might have let to it.
    Last time was a few months ago and the guy has come up since then so I assume it has been sorted. I just wondered if they were running tests to see how long it took to get the thing switched off, in lieu of fire drills?

SinSceilEile.

Thanks altor.
    The neighbour's son told me they hadn't triggered it, and I know I had not but they are all really heavy smokers from dawn until dusk, so I suppose that might have let to it.
    Last time was a few months ago and the guy has come up since then so I assume it has been sorted. I just wondered if they were running tests to see how long it took to get the thing switched off, in lieu of fire drills?

SinSceilEile.

Is the system monitored?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SinSceilEile

Altor, I don't know. I am new to apartment living.
    The neighbour is elderly and likes to make a drama out of everything. She has also been here since Moses was a lad so there are long relationships with the current landlord, and those before him.
    I don't need that at all. I prefer to keep it professional, just have the facts and know if I need to be home to allow access, for example.
    The landlord seems to assume that because this neighbour is in the building constantly and welcomes any visitor at zero notice they can simply drop into me, too but I like prior notice and have a life outside the house I happen to live in!
    I won't go into the dynamics at play but suffice to say the situation has been tricky in the two years I have been in here.

SinSceilEile.

Altor, I don't know. I am new to apartment living.
    The neighbour is elderly and likes to make a drama out of everything. She has also been here since Moses was a lad so there are long relationships with the current landlord, and those before him.
    I don't need that at all. I prefer to keep it professional, just have the facts and know if I need to be home to allow access, for example.
    The landlord seems to assume that because this neighbour is in the building constantly and welcomes any visitor at zero notice they can simply drop into me, too but I like prior notice and have a life outside the house I happen to live in!
    I won't go into the dynamics at play but suffice to say the situation has been tricky in the two years I have been in here.

SinSceilEile.

Best thing to do is ring the company who maintains the system and report the fault. When someone comes out get all the info you need and find out then if its monitored. I cant see it been if you got no response from it going off today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement