Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed Finding a Plumber and an Electrician

Options
  • 03-09-2017 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me. We have an old terraced house in Ballincollig which requires extensive plumbing and electrical work (exchanging the oil heating system with a modern one, rewiring and redecoration inside and out). I posted the jobs here and on a couple of websites linking customers with tradesmen. I managed to get just one quotation for the electrical and decoration work and that's it.

I received a couple of recommendations (one from here) but after a few weeks of chasing the builders I do not think I will ever get a quote from them. I contacted a couple of builders from the area which I found with Google but they came back that they only do newly built houses. So now I am at a dead end and I have no idea what to do next.

Can anyone help? How do you find a tradesman in Cork? I have not set a budget. My only requirement is for the tradesman to be insured and receipt will also be required as we will need it for tax or grant purposes (depending what route we decide to go). I do not care if it is one tradesman who will do the whole job or 3- 4 tradesmen for the individual jobs. I am primarily concerned I cannot find a decent plumber and electrician, if worse comes to worst we can do the decorative works ourselves. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neil7024

A good plumber that did work for me who does good work on short notice is 
    Brendan O'Donoghue SeafieldBantryCo. Cork 
    • 027 50 202
    • Get DirectionsView on Google Map

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Rob McGarry is based in Carrigaline and can say he is fantastic worth trying him https://www.facebook.com/robmcgarryhp/

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Shoog wrote:
    This is no longer true, though it is stated in their website. The reality is they simply transposed the EU regs into Irish law and there is no mention of a head height in the regs. They cannot legally refuse a camper which doesn't have standing height. I have actually questioned the revenue on this matter and they say they no longer impose the 1.8m head height rule that existed in Irish law before 2011. They passed my low roof T4 conversion without a question.

For electrical try Derek Smith Electrical Used him a few times

Advertisement