Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Phantom 3 SE

• 29-08-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Let's create new thread for DJI Phantom 3 SE, as it looks like it's very popular in IE recently.

Share your tips, opinions, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Ordered mine on Saturday. Anyone do a range test on this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

Jlayay wrote: »
    Ordered mine on Saturday. Anyone do a range test on this thing?

I'm still waiting on mine, but this guy posted a video with range test

See:
    https://youtu.be/x2w9lfG1-lk?t=6m41s

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Thumbpilot

Anyone do a range test on this thing?

From watching a number of videos the range seems to be about 3.5 KM. Maybe 4 KM is achievable in ideal conditions.

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    From watching a number of videos the range seems to be about 3.5 KM. Maybe 4 KM is achievable in ideal conditions.

I'm more than happy if that is true...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thumbpilot wrote: »

I saw one video that said although the range is about 4km, you have problems with live view on the phone after about 300-400 meters. i.e. it will be laggy and breaking up.

Is this the case ? I have ordered one so would be disappointed if it was.

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote: »
    I saw one video that said although the range is about 4km, you have problems with live view on the phone after about 300-400 meters. i.e. it will be laggy and breaking up.

Is this the case ? I have ordered one so would be disappointed if it was.

I don't think so, as you can see on the video no major issues...
    Maybe if there are really bad conditions, like weather or some interference from other devices.

Anyone do a range test on this thing?

This video shows a range test and battery time on a P3SE vs a P4A. You can see how the feed to the app holds up as distance increases. I'd have turned back before RTH kicked in :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouDUbe6W0hg

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Hi

Apologies as I asked this on the bargain thread. Are you going to register this with the IAA

What are the pros and cons

Thanks

fugee wrote: »
    Hi

Apologies as I asked this on the bargain thread. Are you going to register this with the IAA

I have registered - EUR5 or EUR3 if you have a MACI number.

"From the 21st December, drone registration is mandatory in accordance with the Small Unmanned Aircraft (Drones) and Rockets Order S.I. 563 of 2015. All drones over 1kg must be registered."

I'm not sure about the pros and cons or what happens if the drone police ask to see your registration. I guess the pros for some will be cons for others :)

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

fugee wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

I will be registering once I will get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The range is irrelevant unless you plan to fly illegally. Think you have to keep the aircraft in VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) and a maximum distance of 300m.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Does this have 'follow me' feature?
    Thanks

CabanSail wrote: »
    The range is irrelevant unless you plan to fly illegally. Think you have to keep the aircraft in VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) and a maximum distance of 300m.

I think you know the answer to that.

peaceboi wrote: »
    Does this have 'follow me' feature?
    Thanks

Yes it has "follow me"

See this video for Point of Interest and Follow Me demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFH7rV-ZQE

Got mine today morning (Tomtop, shipped by UPS)... setup is very easy, updated firmware at home first of all and once I calibrated compass (1 min) did first flight...
    Was a bit nervous as I didn't switched beginner mode before and I must say it's very quick (never played with drone before).
    Also when it's windy I got impression you need to "help" a bit with remote to be on your path...

Landed few times with auto landing function, all OK. Switched on beginner mode and I think I will stay with it for some time.

I have 32GB micro sd Kingston card, class 10 UHS1 and I don't see any issues when recording 4k.
    Ordered 64 Samsung UHS 3 (GB) and extra battery (also from TomTop) to have extra space for recording footage with 2 batteries.

4k video size: 4 min 21 sec = around 1.9 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Hi guys

What site are ye all using to buy the se from?

Got mine from Tom Top

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Tzardine wrote: »
    Got mine from Tom Top

Thank you very much, somehow I've never heard of them before because I buy a lot from Alibaba. What about the risk of getting hit by the customs with such a expensive product.

You wont get caught with tomtop. They pay the customs charges. Look at the thread in Bargain Alerts, a load of us bought them and had no problems with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

Just bought one of these-- anyone know where a few quick lessons can be got in the Nr Tipp / Limerick area?-- not the most tech savvy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Just bought one of these-- anyone know where a few quick lessons can be got in the Nr Tipp / Limerick area?-- not the most tech savvy.

Few good pointers/instructions here that should get you flying in no time
    https://youtu.be/OcxUCepBHkM

Advertisement