Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in the youghal area

Options
  • 21-08-2017 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

We're heading to youghal in a few weeks. I'd like to bring my mother out for a nice lunch. I always said I'd bring her for afternoon tea but she's recently diagnosed diabetic. So that's out. I'd still like to bring her for something a bit special or different. Anyone have any suggestions within 30 mins or so of youghal?

Also looking for recommendation for a nice place for a couple to eat. I'd love a nice view, relaxed atmosphere. we don't get out together often so somewhere a bit special (but no 5* hotel prices!).

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Garryvoe hotel is nice, right by the beach. Just turn right at the bridge after driving through Castlemartyr and it's straight then the whole way to the beach. I think it is 30 mins from youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Probably a little over the 30mins but Rosie's pub in Aghada is very good. I've never heard a bad thing said about it. There's some nice beaches nearby too for s stroll to burn off the food.

Advertisement