Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Pig Farm

Options
  • 19-08-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

There are rumours circulating that a large scale pig farm will be set up outside Wexford town in the near future.

Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Pig farms have many negative impacts:
    1. Pig farms damage human health: Studies show that people who live near pig farms show increased levels of respiratory problems, anxiety, depression, and sleep disturbances, blue baby syndrome, disruption of thyroid function, bladder cancer and many more health issues.
    2. Hydrogen sulfide and endotoxin come from pig farms and pollute air.
    3. Pig waste is toxic: There will be increased levels ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and nitrates potentially polluting the area. Also, there will be increased exposure to parasites, viruses, hormones, pharmaceuticals, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
    4. The smell is unpleasant. It will reduce the value of land in the surrounding areas/impact tourism etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Haven't heard this rumour, but there is a pig farm run by Ronan's out in Killurin, on the banks of the Slaney, opposite the old dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

2Question wrote: »
    There are rumours circulating that a large scale pig farm will be set up outside Wexford town in the near future.

Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Pig farms have many negative impacts:
    1. Pig farms damage human health: Studies show that people who live near pig farms show increased levels of respiratory problems, anxiety, depression, and sleep disturbances, blue baby syndrome, disruption of thyroid function, bladder cancer and many more health issues.
    2. Hydrogen sulfide and endotoxin come from pig farms and pollute air.
    3. Pig waste is toxic: There will be increased levels ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and nitrates potentially polluting the area. Also, there will be increased exposure to parasites, viruses, hormones, pharmaceuticals, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
    4. The smell is unpleasant. It will reduce the value of land in the surrounding areas/impact tourism etc.

Do you/have you ever eaten pork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Seen hand written sign when you turn off main rosslare road for kilmore about no pig farm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Bacon is life, more pig farms I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I can't think of any life situation that isn't made better by adding bacon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've put up with worse for bacon. More bacon I say.

Advertisement