Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland hurling final tickets Mod Note #38

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lemmno wrote: »
    That's brilliant! The clubs don't have them yet but the hairdressers have a magical stash!

Possibly there will be no winner of the comp and it's all for publicity lol

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

PTH2009 wrote: »

No possibly about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's quite a common occurrence these days

Why not, there's plenty of gullible souls out there

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

It is very rare that tickets for the hurling final don't start floating around in the few days leading up to the final. With every club in the association getting tickets it takes a while for them to start freeing up. I go every year and have yet to meet someone that failed to get a ticket. You might be waiting right up until the last few days alright which isn't ideal I know for some people but you will nearly always be guaranteed to get one.

The football final however is a different story....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

bizidea wrote: »
    Definetly won't be buying off a tout never have and never will

Why not? (Though in the case of a hurling final it should never arise anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 johnway

I am running an online funding campaign for the Waterford hurlers - facebook.com/whurlers2017 . Its for the team and the county board have given me two tickets to raffle off to assist with getting support for the campaign. A minimum of 20 euro donation to the page as an individual or 50 by a business will get you entered into the draw for 2 tickets. The draw will take Friday evening the 1st of September. All support greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MOD

Guys just a gentle reminder coming to this time of the year and the anxiety/frustration of looking to grab an AI ticket.

1. Do not offer to sell or buy a ticket above its face value

2. The Forum Charter has been updated and excludes any promotion of a fundraising event (charitable or otherwise) in which AI tickets are being offered as a prize.

We have had a number of instances over the years where genuine posters/supporters here have been scammed, so we have to enforce a zero tolerance to safeguard everyones interest. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnway

DoctaDee wrote: »
    MOD

Guys just a gentle reminder coming to this time of the year and the anxiety/frustration of looking to grab an AI ticket.

1. Do not offer to sell or buy a ticket above its face value

2. The Forum Charter has been updated and excludes any promotion of a fundraising event (charitable or otherwise) in which AI tickets are being offered as a prize.

We have had a number of instances over the years where genuine posters/supporters here have been scammed, so we have to enforce a zero tolerance to safeguard everyones interest. Thanks

Doctatee I didn't realise, apologies. For what it is worth it is a genuine campaign but I understand where you are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

It might seem weird that a hairdressers are running a comp for a ticket, but bear in mind a huge allocation of AI Final tickets (in the region of 15,000 I believe) go to corporate sponsors, many of whom pass them on to subsidiaries or suppliers. I'm not saying every one of these comps is above board, but some of them certainly could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw a comment on FB of someone contacting Croke Park giving out about non competing counties getting tickets and making it impossible for competing countie fans too get tickets

God give me strength, if you attend a lot of games this season than why didn't you buy a season ticket (if you're not computer safey than get a family member to sort it for you) and you would be sorted for a ticket ???. Apply through your local GAA club

• Advertisement
Advertisement