Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I get the floorplan documents for my apartment building?

• 14-08-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello,

I just bought a place in a development that has 50 apartments. It was built in the 1990s. I am wondering how I can get my hands on a set of floorplan documents (as used by the builders), is that something that I could get from An Bord Pleanala?

Regards,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

You can get a copy of the planning drawings from the planning section of the local authority. It's usually available on line.

However that does not guarantee that this is the "as-built" layout of the building. Although it should be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dos101

Hi Metric,

I see. Thank you for that information. The apartment is in Dublin 1 so the local authority would be Dublin Corporation I assume. I am not sure what department to ask (if anyone knows please let me know), I'll report back here once I get it in case anyone else needs this info.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Dave

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Post up the apartment block in question or indeed, PM me.
    Are they new, old???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Either take kceire up on his kind offer above (best option)

Or alternatively google "Dublin City Council planning search" and follow the links. You'll either be able to search by address or using a map based system.

Thank you both!

kceire, I have sent you a PM.

The building was built in 1995.

Regards,
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dos101 wrote: »
    Thank you both!

kceire, I have sent you a PM.

The building was built in 1995.

Regards,
    Dave

Dave,

Considering its age, there are no files scanned in or online that I can see.
    You would need to go to the DCC Planning Counter and request at least the following files :

1624/94
    1601/93
    1319/95
    1117/93
    0053/94
    2121/91

I searched everything pre 1995 as that's when they were constructed according to your post, but there may be more. Best bet would be to view these files if available and see which application is for your exact building as I cant even cross reference them to any site location.

Hope this helps.

Here is some follow-up info on this:

AFTER 2005
    Online searches can be carried out here for planning applications submitted after 2005.
    dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

BEFORE 2005
    Applications submitted before 2005 can be searched for at the Planning & Property Development Department public counter, Planning Department, Block 4, Ground Floor, Civic Offices, Dublin 8, Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.30pm.

Advertisement