Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary schools in Wexford

Options
  • 12-08-2017 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, would you please shed your light on secondary schools in Wexford. I will be relocating to Wexford in a few months and need to find a place in school for my daughter. 
    Thank you in advance for your time:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wexford town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

What part

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bijou132

Wexford town and the part of Wexford depends on the school.. I want to make sure she is placed in a good school and then I will look into an accomodation, if that makes sense. I dont mind to live a little bit outside Wexford. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

bijou132 wrote: »
    Wexford town and the part of Wexford depends on the school.. I want to make sure she is placed in a good school and then I will look into an accomodation, if that makes sense. I dont mind to live a little bit outside Wexford. Thank you.

Well as its a daughter there is 3 options in Wexford, the Presentation, The Loreto both are single sex and The Selskar College which is mixed

http://www.preswex.ie/
    https://www.loretowexford.com/
    http://www.wexfordvocational.com/content/selskar-college

The Loreto is getting a new school just outside the town its going to be modern with new faculties so its high on allot of peoples list and I'd recommended that first followed by the Presentation. Selskar College maybe its gotten better but for allot of people it used to be the last on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Does anyone know is religion a factor when enrolling in secondary schools in boys school in Wexford town?

I have had a look at their enrolment policies and having a brother or son as a past pupil is the main criteria - there is no mention of Catholics getting preference over non catholics. From all the talk in the media I thought religion was still a factor and these 2 schools would have a strong catholic ethos.

Asking for a friend who is wondering does she need to get her son baptised to make sure her he gets into Peters or CBS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Does anyone know is religion a factor when enrolling in secondary schools in boys school in Wexford town?

I have had a look at their enrolment policies and having a brother or son as a past pupil is the main criteria - there is no mention of Catholics getting preference over non catholics. From all the talk in the media I thought religion was still a factor and these 2 schools would have a strong catholic ethos.

Asking for a friend who is wondering does she need to get her son baptised to make sure her he gets into Peters or CBS?

That's the policy in most Secondary schools. The religion garbage is only in Primary schools, once they've got their claws into you at four years old there's no going back.

Advertisement