Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architects Cork

Options
  • 02-08-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My partner and I are at the beginning stage of planning a new build (rural area) and are looking for good architect recommendations. Previous threads are several years old.
    We would appreciate any suggestions as we are both are quite new to this!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

nw87 wrote: »
    My partner and I are at the beginning stage of planning a new build (rural area) and are looking for good architect recommendations. Previous threads are several years old.
    We would appreciate any suggestions as we are both are quite new to this!

Cork is huge area and architects working in north Cork would necessarily operate in west or east Cork and visa-versa. You'll have more luck if you can give a specific area

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nw87

Rabbo wrote: »
    Cork is huge area and architects working in north Cork would necessarily operate in west or east Cork and visa-versa. You'll have more luck if you can give a specific area

Very true! Our site is just out past Cork airport

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Try Meitheal (formerly PLM) on Fr Matthew Quay. One of the better practices in Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Would highly recommend either of the MulcahyRalphs, Chris and Margaret http://www.mulcahyralphsarchitects.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Would highly recommend Chris and Margaret http://www.mulcahyralphsarchitects.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

We used John Wiggins. Very straight, very easy to deal with, fees were reasonable and I've happily recommended him to many of my friends who have in turn been very happy with John. I'd use him again in the morning.

He also does BER certification in the event you are applying for SEAI type grants.

KMC Homes are definitely worth a look. They have a different approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MOBH

Would be very interested to know who you have went with and if you did a few meetings with different architects before choosing one? Just starting out the process myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What about Murphy New Homes

We were interested in something similar a few years ago, (bought a gaff in the end). They seem to offer a sort of one stop shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

I can highly recommend

http://kanearchitects.ie

He is based in Cork himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement