Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passage west parking and info

Options
  • 29-07-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. I hope you all doing well today,

I Have a few questions on passage west if anyone can help?

I'm thinking of moving to a house there, but wanted to know of anyone has any input on the area pros cons ect, also the house I'm looking at does not have parking but is near centre of the town and has a little block for cars but I'm not sure if its public or just for the houses near it.

also any info on any developments as heard there where plans for it years ago but fell though.

i like the river walk, be nice walk with my dog, but i really looking for some insite to the area

but any insite would be great , thank you in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Passage is a great town but still needs improvement.
    There were big plans to open it all up to the water's edge but they never came to fruition because of the construction collapse.
    As a result it can feel a bit drab but it is still a nice place to live in.
    A lot of people commuting to work in places like Ringaskiddy and the city live there but they mostly live on the edges of the town in the large estates.
    I have heard some people criticise the town centre as being a bit rough but I've never heard anything bad directly myself. There always seems to a few parking spaces in the centre of the town and they are free.
    It has a great soccer club, rowing club, GAA, a nice playground, library etc. Buses aren't great though.
    The riverside walkway is great and goes in both directions to both Cork and Monkstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

It's a pretty good town to live in, good community there and some idiots also...but shur is any town any different. Stay away from the pubs, pure depression era stuff dark and dirty, Monkstown is only a walk away and there are two nice pubs there. The walkway is great, and that's where you'll meet the locals for a chat, starts with the dog talk and actually ends with some genuine friendships, parking is pretty good in the town center and free. The supermarket has closed but Lidl or Aldi will be coming there soon. There are two small convenience stores in the town center and a post office. Crime is low key stuff there as the real scumbags have O.D'd or topped themselves in the last 3/4 years. The chinese take-away is a cracker,great food there. The bus service to the city is actually quite good,every hour during the day and maybe 1+1/2 in the evening,there's also a local taxi company who are very reliable.The local sports clubs are very active in the community...but trust me on the pubs, 'tis liquid valium they should be serving. Any specific info you need, I'll gladly give my opinion...but it will be my opinion,after that make your own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mmm is this area by the Church by any chance. I would think it if is then the parking is for all use, but I would not think you would be battling people to park everyday...

To be honest I could not say an awfull lot about Passage, if you have other options id go for them. It can be very closed if you aren't a local

Advertisement