Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor disgraphia/ dyslexia

Options
  • 28-07-2017 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My 13 year old son has been diagnosed with motor disgraphia/ mild dyslexia.
    He needs to do a typing course as he has the use of an iPad for school and state exams.
    I'm finding it impossible to find a typing course for him. I'd consider 1 on 1 private teacher also. I've spoken to the clinic that diagnosed him but they are charging 600 euros for 6 lessons!!
    I'm living in north cork.
    Can anybody help please???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

I did a typing course in Kilcoole, Co Wicklow. I really enjoyed it and it's still going strong - looks like they rebranded it!

They give you headphones so you can hear the words and the program show visual references on the screen on what fingers you should be using. Looks like they run it in a few places in Cork too. https://searsol.com/typingcourses/

Carrigaline Community School & Darrara College, Clonakilty & Morning Star National School Ballyphehane. Worth a shot as the first lesson is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kearney1975

Thanks I'll look into it now. It's so hard to find something for him

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It might be s bit baby-ish but Nessy Typing is good, there's always good old Mavis Beacon too. But have you considered speech to text software instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If there is an adult education centre nearby they maybe able to help.

I've tried most places and they have nothing even the local college. They put me in touch with the local adult learning centre and I keep leaving messages but no one is ringing me back. School will be starting soon so I need something sorted fast. Thanks so much for your help.

• Advertisement

What's speech to text software?

Advertisement