Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2017 Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

At least there would be some comeuppance for this heel McMahon down the line

Mind AJ Styles has already been screwed over by Shane regarding a title and beat him in a match after that so any turn by Shane would be better used to give someone some direction like Sami Zayn

• Registered Users Posts: 38,147 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least there would be some comeuppance for this heel McMahon down the line

Mind AJ Styles has already been screwed over by Shane regarding a title and beat him in a match after that so any turn by Shane would be better used to give someone some direction like Sami Zayn

They could even do a Heel Daniel Bryan vs Shane

Bryan costs Styles the match and he creates a stable with Kevin Owens and a few other guys ??. Could lead to a 'Bryan firing angle' when his contract is running out and he decides he's not renewing ???

One can dream

It would be very hard to get DB any real heel heat, even turning on Styles mightn't be enough

You'd have to pair him with people who legit get booed and not a smarky reaction (KO), the only guys like that would be Baron Corbin and The Miz if he was to bring him over to the blue post SS

Mind I'd be on board for anything that long term leads to an in ring return, he's been cleared by doctors outside WWE and if he's happy to take the risks then away with him

Mind I'd be on board for anything that long term leads to an in ring return, he's been cleared by doctors outside WWE and if he's happy to take the risks then away with him

Its more the case of WWE management and doctors not clearing him even though he could pled to them they won't want to take the risk ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A heel bryan were hes pissed that wwe wont clear him and who better than to take it out on the boss son. could be one of those angles with truth and storyline mixed in all at once

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    A heel bryan were hes pissed that wwe wont clear him and who better than to take it out on the boss son. could be one of those angles with truth and storyline mixed in all at once

I can still see people cheering Bryan since they want him to wrestle , i think a heel Shane stopping Bryan from wrestling would work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably my favourite opener ever & a reminder of just how good these 2 were in their peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how many of these matches will be the final match in a feud and how many will have their rematch on the next night?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how many of these matches will be the final match in a feud and how many will have their rematch on the next night?

The only cert to be a final match, at least for a few months, would be Cena v Corbin and we prob won't Lesnar til the Rumble so the other 3 in the F4W will continue in the title scene

Every other match though could realistically happen again on the Raws and SDs within 2 weeks

Prob see a couple of the matches on Raw/SD this week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 60,497 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fatal 4 way Main Event where 3 company heels are fan babyfaces and the 1 company babyface is actually the fan heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The final card likely

Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe (Universal Championship)
    Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE Championship)
    Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks or Nia Jax (Raw Women's Championship)
    Neville vs. Akira Tozawa (Cruiserweight Championship)
    Naomi vs. Natalya (SmackDown Women's Championship)
    AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (United States Championship - Shane McMahon special referee)
    John Cena vs. Baron Corbin
    Randy Orton vs. Rusev
    Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
    The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown Tag Team Championship)
    Big Show vs. Big Cass
    Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (Raw Tag Team Championship)

Not forgetting Show/Cass has that stupid Shark Cage

looking forward too this and NXT takeover

The SS card does look weak enough on paper but its no Wrestlemania and never will be as big. Im looking forward too the Universal title fatal 4 way, Us Title, the wwe title match just for Nakamura, Raw tag title match and Demon Balor vs Bray Wyatt. Im disapointed the Hardyz are not on the card seen as its a Big 4 PPV but the injury too dawson contributed, be cool if The Hardyz interferred and challenged Ambrose/Rollins (if they win) to a match. The Miz is not even in a match ??

Braun Strowman too win the Universal title, Jindar too retain, Styles too retain, Ambrose/Rollins for the Raw tag titles, New Day retaining

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looking forward too this and NXT takeover

The SS card does look weak enough on paper but its no Wrestlemania and never will be as big. Im looking forward too the Universal title fatal 4 way, Us Title, the wwe title match just for Nakamura, Raw tag title match and Demon Balor vs Bray Wyatt. Im disapointed the Hardyz are not on the card seen as its a Big 4 PPV but the injury too dawson contributed, be cool if The Hardyz interferred and challenged Ambrose/Rollins (if they win) to a match. The Miz is not even in a match ??

Braun Strowman too win the Universal title, Jindar too retain, Styles too retain, Ambrose/Rollins for the Raw tag titles, New Day retaining

dissapointed too about this but in fairness was out of their control if the revival were fit and ready wed be having that match on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Hardy's & Jordan are taking on the Miztourage on the kick-off show.
    I never noticed them off the card but their return has been a letdown, even without the broken gimmick they have nothing new to offer.
    The fact they were out on Raw with all the other wrestlers who don't have matches separating the main eventers summed up their standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The four way should be tremendous. Though I'd be much more excited for a Brock/Braun singles match. Really like what they've done with the four of them, no real faces or heels, just four big guys wanting to beat one another. I'd love if they have Rollins and Ambrose help Reigns win as someone else suggested on this.

Some decent stuff on the card. A lot of bad/poorly booked/strange things about the card as well. Hopefully they'll do some big angles, otherwise the 30 or so matches could be tough to sit through. I'm hoping it'll be one of those shows with a poor build that way exceeds expectations.

I'll be watching tomorrow, probably before GoT, so I can skip through it anyway.

So kickoff started at 10 with main show at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I cant believe Hardys are on the pre-show. Remeber huge pop they got at WM.

So this is the miz entrance how did they let this happen

https://twitter.com/scarson_/status/899381610306580481

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

RIP Jordan's push?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I cant believe Hardys are on the pre-show. Remeber huge pop they got at WM.

Grim

DHs_uGWUIAALLOq.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

And switch back with the cruiserweight title yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Must have been some issue with getting people in. Just watched the first match and couldn't see anyone!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And switch back with the cruiserweight title yay

Ridiculous. They finally gave the,selves something new and interesting and they switch it straight back. The title picture needed a new champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised by the title switch. Now it just feels like Tozawa fluked his way to his title win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Like if Neville cheated to win it wouldn't be as bad but it still is.

Are those stills from a match?? Sweet jeebus

Surprised by the title switch. Now it just feels like Tozawa fluked his way to his title win.

Like they built him up only to take it away 6 days later on a pre show. Brutal. Tozawa has a certain IT factor too.

Smackdown tag match on the pre show is crappy.

It's been a great match, deserves to open the main show. Hands up who forgot about Orton vs Rusev?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cracking match. Very enjoyable

Advertisement