Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to replicate McDonald's coffee

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

buy good coffemaker and coffee grain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

It's a lot better than the starbucks filter coffee unless you have an impacted bowel then I would go with Starbucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

cloudatlas wrote: »
    It's a lot better than the starbucks filter coffee unless you have an impacted bowel then I would go with Starbucks.

but how am I meant to know which caramel mocha macha tea latte is mine if it doesn't have my name on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Has anyone taken into account the fact different people like different things/tastes???

Think your in the wrong forum for that here!

Different people like different things, personally I can't stand 3FE, far too bitter. But others will crawl over hot coals to get a shot of it.

I love the Nespresso machine we have in work, people on here would rather drink Maxwell House.

That's whats great about personal taste, it's a personal thing. The problem is when people forget that.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Think your in the wrong forum for that here!

Different people like different things, personally I can't stand 3FE, far too bitter. But others will crawl over hot coals to get a shot of it.

I love the Nespresso machine we have in work, people on here would rather drink Maxwell House.

That's whats great about personal taste, it's a personal thing. The problem is when people forget that.....:D

I'm with you on the 3fe coffee done get it.

Also like Nespresso, could only dream of working in a place that has them though! we have crappy instant here :( ive starting bringing in my own ground coffee and French press though! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McDonald's Coffee is Fresh
    McDonald's locations and franchises brew fresh coffee every 30 minutes. You'll never get coffee that's been sitting out for hours or getting stale.
    McDonald's Coffee is Gourmet
    Surprisingly, McDonald's coffee is gourmet. Gaviña is the coffee supplier for McDonald's and they use a blend of arabica coffee beans grown in Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McDonald's Coffee is Medium Roast
    McDonald's uses a medium roasted blend rather than dark roasted coffee. The lighter roast brings out the coffee's nutty, chocolaty undertones without causing excessive bitterness or a burnt flavor.

use these tips[/font]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

How freshly roasted are the beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Old thread but saw McDonald’s coffee mentioned

I like a cappuccino from there now and again. Think it’s quite good. Noticed the price is different each place, I always thought McDonald’s had set price before now. Google says it’s common they charge variable prices in their restaurants

I’m based in Cork

Cost of large cappuccino. €2.55 in Blackpool
    €2.60 in Ballincollig
    €2.70 in Fermoy

I’d feel 15 cent is a fair difference for exact same product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

But 3FE is a roaster not a single type of coffee. They have a large range of different coffees. You can't just make such a blanket statement like that on a forum like this and not be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

J_E wrote: »
    You can't just make such a blanket statement like that on a forum like this and not be corrected.

Seems like you can, for well over a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,641 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Yes - 3FE; nice image and all that. I've tried several of their coffee.

Result: their blender's choice does not agree with my palate. Different part of the spectrum altogether, whatever they do to it. And I'm a lifelong coffee-head, no beginner.

So, not a fan.

Advertisement