Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Japanese knotweed reporting

• 23-07-2017 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Hope someone can help me. I know waterford council have a reporting tool now for Japanese knotweed.
    Does anyone know if kilkenny coco have one, or if there's anyone in kk coco to report it to? Do they treat outbreaks of it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Nalabala wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hope someone can help me. I know waterford council have a reporting tool now for Japanese knotweed.
    Does anyone know if kilkenny coco have one, or if there's anyone in kk coco to report it to? Do they treat outbreaks of it?
    Thanks
    A brother of mine bought land that a builder had he was dumping contaiminated soil on the land that Japanese knotweed was in it . As far as I know I think the department of agriculture kilkenny Co Council came out over saw the proper disposal of the soil, it is awful stuff. The land sale didn't go ahead in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

JimTreacy wrote: »
    A brother of mine bought land that a builder had he was dumping contaiminated soil on the land that Japanese knotweed was in it . As far as I know I think the department of agriculture kilkenny Co Council came out over saw the proper disposal of the soil, it is awful stuff. The land sale didn't go ahead in the end.

The number for the council I have is 0567794000 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

There is an app on google store, 'national bio diversity' where you can report it. If the knotweed is adj to a road you can report it to the NRA, the Dept of Transport or your local authority.

I believe the NRA have given the tender to a crowd from Florence Court in Fermanagh to eradicate same.
    Its a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

These people have a representative in Carlow and you can report a sighting on their website :

http://invasivespeciesireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nalabala

Donal55 wrote: »
    There is an app on google store, 'national bio diversity' where you can report it. If the knotweed is adj to a road you can report it to the NRA, the Dept of Transport or your local authority.

I believe the NRA have given the tender to a crowd from Florence Court in Fermanagh to eradicate same.
    Its a nuisance.

Brilliant, exactly what I was hoping for, I'll report it asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nalabala

JimTreacy wrote: »
    The number for the council I have is 0567794000 .

Great, I'd hate to see it spreading all the way down the road.

Advertisement