Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with sea views in County Wexford village

Options
  • 16-07-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I am heading down to coastal Wexford for a couple of nights Towards Kilmore Quay/Fethard area.
    I am looking for a pub recommendation in the area that is sitting on the sea with a nice beer garden a stone's throw from the sea and sea views. Sea Food availability would be great.
    We won't be in Wexford Town or Rosslare area. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

I am heading down to coastal Wexford for a couple of nights Towards Kilmore Quay/Fethard area.
    I am looking for a pub recommendation in the area that is sitting on the sea with a nice beer garden a stone's throw from the sea and sea views. Sea Food availability would be great.
    We won't be in Wexford Town or Rosslare area. Any recommendations?
    Templar's Inn would be my pick.

https://hookpeninsula.com/project/templars-inn/

Ticks most of those boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Thanks. I will have a look at that. However I am looking for a pub where I can almost dip my toe in the sea water while having a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Difficult to find pubs that close to the sea...

Strand Tavern in Duncannon does decent food and is a stones throw from a lovely long golden strand.

Plus one for the Templars Inn.....nearest beach would be dollar bay about 5 minutes away.

Lobster Pot near Carne Harbour. A bit of a trip across the coast from Kilmore Quay but the Sea Food is definitely top notch. It's about a mile from the beach at Carne Harbour.

Mary Barry's, Kilmore Village would be top of my list for Sea Food but unfortunately is a 5 minute drive from the nearest beach.

Hope you enjoy your stay,

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Thanks. I have a few to sample but still looking for that, on the water sea view. I have been to the Lobster Pot in Carne before, just for a pint and found a fantastic beach near the windmills. Mary Barry's looks lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Thanks. I have a few to sample but still looking for that, on the water sea view. I have been to the Lobster Pot in Carne before, just for a pint and found a fantastic beach near the windmills. Mary Barry's looks lovely.
    nice LOOKING beach but don't attempt to go in the water , not even for a paddle very steep drop off , strong tide right along the shore

Advertisement