Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Where's he going with this boxing exhibition lark? if it's just money well good for him but by the same token **** that!

the boxing fraternity after Mayweather gave him some credit but in the most patronizing way ........he'll be a figure of fun in those circles and even if he beat another aging fighter he'd continue to be, can he not see he'll never be taken seriously in boxing........if he doesn't care well again good for him but where is it going

Get in, make the most money you can, get out - That's probably where it's going. If he can make $50m+ for a boxing fight but $20m for an MMA fight, he's probably boxing, assuming Zuffa will play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Monokne wrote: »
    I have absolutely no desire to see Conor - Pacquiao. Less than zero.

However, I'm not so blinded by my own bias that I can't see it will do well over a million pay per view buys and generate hundreds of millions in revenue.

"Nobody cares any more" is completely existing in a bubble.

How many ppv's did his last fight sell?

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/939607752669908994

:confused::confused: Dude has been a champion of one division or another for 2.5 years now and has not defended once. Real champs at least attempt to defend their belt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Paully D wrote: »
    “Out here grindin’”

Eh, no, you’re carrying Conor’s bags and shining his shoes.

Who is this fellow you speak of?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Who is this fellow you speak of?

Seems to be the "Maclife" photographer Dave Fogarty.

https://www.instagram.com/ginger_beard_photos/?hl=en

Probably not the worst of the Klingons though or would he be?

Although a bit of quick research he does come across as a self-aggrandising knob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q03K0BiLk

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He is a complete spoiled posh boy moron and was pre mac life career fwiw, now hes gone to another level, seen him reply to someone on instagram with something like ''dont talk on them shoes their gucci kid''.

How many ppv's did his last fight sell?

About 4.5 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

About 4.5 million.

In the USA. Probably close to 7 when you count in UK Ireland Australia and Canada

In the USA. Probably close to 7 when you count in UK Ireland Australia and Canada

The 4.5 mill is the North American number which includes Canada.

With the UK, Aus and other markets it could probably been close to 6 though.

Gamebred wrote: »
    He is a complete spoiled posh boy moron and was pre mac life career fwiw, now hes gone to another level, seen him reply to someone on instagram with something like ''dont talk on them shoes their gucci kid''.

But what do you really think Gamebred? :P

NewYorkRic was pretty funny - been slagging him off to Ariel last few weeks in a row about how snippy he was about photo accreditation. He's nearly a running joke on MMA Hour at this stage. Shame though - years of goodwill can be written off in the space of a few weeks with a few obnoxious moves.

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote: »
    But what do you really think Gamebred? :P

NewYorkRic was pretty funny - been slagging him off to Ariel last few weeks in a row about how snippy he was about photo accreditation. He's nearly a running joke on MMA Hour at this stage. Shame though - years of goodwill can be written off in the space of a few weeks with a few obnoxious moves.

When I was on the main page I saw your name and read it as "Call_Girl" and I was like :pac::pac: that is a suitable name to be in the Conor thread atm and came in to read what you posted...... then realized your name is Cali not Call :(

glasso wrote: »
    Seems to be the "Maclife" photographer Dave Fogarty.

https://www.instagram.com/ginger_beard_photos/?hl=en

Probably not the worst of the Klingons though or would he be?

Although a bit of quick research he does come across as a self-aggrandising knob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q03K0BiLk

Is he not embarrassed that as a grown ass man his whole existence seems to revolve around Conor Mcgregor. :rolleyes:

When I was on the main page I saw your name and read it as "Call_Girl" and I was like :pac::pac: that is a suitable name to be in the Conor thread atm and came in to read what you posted...... then realized your name is Cali not Call :(

:eek::eek::eek:

Ha, I'm a California girl (dude) :D
    *writer of this post may in fact be a big Nate Diaz fan. Conor, meh (for now) until he remembers his manners (as my Irish mammy would say).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is he not embarrassed that as a grown ass man his whole existence seems to revolve around Conor Mcgregor. :rolleyes:

Erm....that's 90% of the posters in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dashoonage wrote: »
    Erm....that's 90% of the posters in this thread

Would you include yourself in that judging by your post count in this thread? ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

Ha, I'm a California girl (dude) :D
    *writer of this post may in fact be a big Nate Diaz fan. Conor, meh (for now) until he remembers his manners (as my Irish mammy would say).

Cool. Are you actually from Cali? and is the mammy Irish or "Irish American"?

I am a massive Diaz brothers fan but Nate has slightly annoyed me just lurking in the shadows practically begging for another Conor fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lukker- wrote: »
    Would you include yourself in that judging by your post count in this thread? ;)

Na.....I come to troll the mcnuggets

Cool. Are you actually from Cali? and is the mammy Irish or "Irish American"?

I am a massive Diaz brothers fan but Nate has slightly annoyed me just lurking in the shadows practically begging for another Conor fight.

Irish-Irish mammy, Irish-US father! Mostly Dublin raised but by way of long stints in San Francisco/Oakland/Boston over the years. Oh, and Chicago. All good fight cities!

I always loved the Diaz brothers - once you see past the (obvious) crazy they're sound as. And I really admire their training ethos.
    I've run into them both a few times in the Bay Area. And honestly I kind of adore Nate: I witnessed him go out of his way to be super sweet and spend time with squads of random kids waiting to talk to him after training (at Gilbert Melendez' gym in SF). Couldn't believe how decent and un-"Diaz" like he was. I also saw him and his crew at a few gigs in Berkeley over the years, (Deftones :) ) again, just really sound normal peeps. He's REALLY tall and skinny, don't know how he makes 155.... Agreed on the Conor trawling though, enough already.

But back to Conor. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dashoonage wrote: »
    Na.....I come to troll the mcnuggets

I don't know which is worse :D

Irish-Irish mammy, Irish-US father! Mostly Dublin raised but by way of long stints in San Francisco/Oakland/Boston over the years. Oh, and Chicago. All good fight cities!

I always loved the Diaz brothers - once you see past the (obvious) crazy they're sound as. And I really admire their training ethos.
    I've run into them both a few times in the Bay Area. And honestly I kind of adore Nate: I witnessed him go out of his way to be super sweet and spend time with squads of random kids waiting to talk to him after training (at Gilbert Melendez' gym in SF). Couldn't believe how decent and un-"Diaz" like he was. I also saw him and his crew at a few gigs in Berkeley over the years, (Deftones :) ) again, just really sound normal peeps. He's REALLY tall and skinny, don't know how he makes 155.... Agreed on the Conor trawling though, enough already.

But back to Conor. Sigh.
    Yeah I watched a lot of Nate Diaz footage online where he is hanging out with his triathlon friends and he is making jokes and acting completely different to his UFC persona. He seems like a genuine, likeable guy. At least with the Conor fight he made some money, hopefully enough to set him up for life.

Regarding Conor, so when is the title defense coming :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

About 4.5 million.

No. I was asking you how many ppv's Pacquiao sold in his last fight. 0 is the answer, if you're interested.

Pacquiao's last fight wasn't on pay per view, it was on ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

But back to Conor. Sigh.
    Yeah I watched a lot of Nate Diaz footage online where he is hanging out with his triathlon friends and he is making jokes and acting completely different to his UFC persona. He seems like a genuine, likeable guy. At least with the Conor fight he made some money, hopefully enough to set him up for life.

Link to the footage of Diaz being a hero?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

But back to Conor. Sigh.

mkdon wrote: »

No idea where the Nate footage is, think I saw it on youtube or somewhere. It was years ago when I saw it. Nate is a nice enough guy from what I have read/seen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pacquiao's last fight wasn't on pay per view, it was on ESPN.

That's his point tbh

Mellor wrote: »
    That's his point tbh

I thought it might be but it's poorly made given what he was responding to.

I said the Mac-Pac fight would do well over a million buys. Conor has done that with Aldo, Alvarez, Diaz twice and just about with Mendes, all people who'd never been PPV draws in their lives before Conor. I would say at this point Conor is good for 1.2 million v a wet paper bag. Even if he brings in the 500k die hards who bought the Vargas bout at the end, Pacquiao adds a little.

Having said that, for clarity, I personally don't want to see the fight, nor him ever box again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I thought it might be but it's poorly made given what he was responding to.

I said the Mac-Pac fight would do well over a million buys. Conor has done that with Aldo, Alvarez, Diaz twice and just about with Mendes, all people who'd never been PPV draws in their lives before Conor. I would say at this point Conor is good for 1.2 million v a wet paper bag. Even if he brings in the 500k die hards who bought the Vargas bout at the end, Pacquiao adds a little.

Having said that, for clarity, I personally don't want to see the fight, nor him ever box again.

I can't see him ever fighting Artem. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

[out with
    For clarity, I wasn't agreeing with his point.
    Pacquiao does more buys vrs McGregor than any other opponent. Same as Mayweather actually. I kinda makes sense for Pacquiao to chase this fight, financially at least.
    From McGregor's point of view I don't think a Pacquiao does significantly more buys than a defence. I don't think it has the same incentive as The Mayweather fight tbh.

• Advertisement

I think, and I could be wrong here, but the idea with doing another boxing match would be that the financial split is closer to the Mayweather fight or the boxing model in general than a UFC show, ie he will earn more money off 1.5 million buys v Pac in a boxing match than v, say, Ferguson on a UFC show. Pacquiao & HBO or Showtime sharing the promotional cost, having a much cheaper undercard and cutting out much of the UFC's overhead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement