Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The one thing I was worried about with the Mayweather fight was he was going to price himself out of any future UFC fights and he has done exactly that. UFC more than likely aren't going to pay him what he wants so he's stuck without a goal. He's famous for been a fighter, and if he's not fighting he's just this super rich lad from crumlin and he is doing exactly that right now.

I have a bit of sympathy for Dee, she came across extremely well and devoted to Conor in that documentary. cooking his meals, by his side while he was training.

His age, his background, his friends have nothing to do with the current situation, he is just bored as stupid as that sounds he is.

Compare him to a 28 year old footballer at the top of his game in the Premier League on £300k a week contract. Young, huge money, famous, talented but the difference is they are constantly in competition all year round, so their focus is on training, competing and been the best, not drinking and drugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

rob316 wrote: »
    The one thing I was worried about with the Mayweather fight was he was going to price himself out of any future UFC fights and he has done exactly that. UFC more than likely aren't going to pay him what he wants so he's stuck without a goal. He's famous for been a fighter, and if he's not fighting he's just this super rich lad from crumlin and he is doing exactly that right now.

I have a bit of sympathy for Dee, she came across extremely well and devoted to Conor in that documentary. cooking his meals, by his side while he was training.

His age, his background, his friends have nothing to do with the current situation, he is just bored as stupid as that sounds he is.

Compare him to a 28 year old footballer at the top of his game in the Premier League on £300k a week contract. Young, huge money, famous, talented but the difference is they are constantly in competition all year round, so their focus is on training, competing and been the best, not drinking and drugging.

he should remember that its not long since he was on 188 euro a week, he may not get 100 million for a ufc fight but im sure he will get 10 million, plus sponsorship etc and will be keeping his name out there, plus having something worthwhile to get up for in the morning.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    is there no in between? normal people who aren't drug dealers who kick peoples heads in. also i disagree with what someone said earlier that just because you are life long friends with someone, that you will always stick by them. if any of my life long friends were involved in a vicious assault or joined a gang like the kinahans, they wouldn't be my friends any longer.

it's very simple - if you choose to hang around with scumbags then you are one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The shock of it all.

Someone please think of the kids.

Second one's not due til January.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

glasso wrote: »
    it's very simple - if you choose to hang around with scumbags then you are one yourself.

Water rises to it's own level. If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Well there's at least a good news story to come out of all this.

Conor threatening to punch a photographer from The Sun. It's buried in the article which is about the 10 "obviously not hookers" they photographed going to Conor's hotel room. Some nice pairs of legs on display in the photos!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5091134/conor-mcgregor-night-out-women-hotel/

Conor threatening to punch a photographer from The Sun. It's buried in the article which is about the 10 "obviously not hookers" they photographed going to Conor's hotel room. Some nice pairs of legs on display in the photos!

"obviously not hookers"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mel123

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I think he's been a prat lately, and I think he's a great fighter.
    I think he should be stripped if he hasn't defended by March.

I'm not a fan boy or a hater of the man either way but this kids looking up to him and be a role model stuff is nonsense.

He's not a role model he's a cage fighter anyone looking upto him as one is a fool, he got to where he is on his own merit he owes the country nothing, he had no government subsidy to train no Olympic facilities nothing.

He has stuck by for better or worse (worse in my opinion) the people who he came up with and helped him get where he is today, that's who he owes anything to.

What have the general people ever done for him that they now demand he be a role model.

I'd agree with a lot of your sentiments on some subjects wonder but not this one.

The sense of entitlement from people these days is sickening.

Kids looking up to him is nonsense? On the athletic side of it, of course he is a great role model for kids to look up to. He came from nothing as such, he had a dream, and he fulfilled it, ten times over. Im sure he never in his wildest dreams imagined he would fight Mayweather, EVER.
    His behavior outside of MMA is nothing to look up to, I do agree with you on that one.
    My personal opinion which most will say is off topic, is that he isnt with Dee any more, i cant see how any woman would put up that behavior, but weather he is or isnt, his disrespect for her is disguising. Im under no illusion that we've had a big media speel and some very good marketing of the perfect couple, and how she supported him when he had nothing, and how in love they are, but the actual fact is, while he was on the dole, she did. Shes also the mother of his son, she deserves a bit of respect.

Your point he owes the country nothing, i think you will find without the fans from this country, he wouldn't near be as popular today as he is, so he does owe the country something. People, including a lot on this thread, spent hard earned cash going to his fights to SUPPORT him (people buying merchandise, purchasing the fight etc etc) , show the fans a bit of respect. By all accounts, let your hair down if you want to, but FFS do it in private but putting yourself in a position where your letting people film you in strip clubs with scumbags out of their bin is gone too far in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

The 140 mill figure for mayweather fight must be BS,he’d surely be able to afford better looking hookers than that with that kind of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The state of lads not named Conor McGregor covering up their faces in all these recent photos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

glasso wrote: »

I wouldn't say Conor's a scumbag. Just a poor judge of character.

He's gone full Sean Penn. You never go full Sean Penn.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumour that Conor and Rita Ora are releasing a cover of "Fairytale of New York" in time for Christmas? Might be a dark-horse bet for Christmas no.1 single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

"Right now, my focus is getting back into the right ring or octagon, 2017 was historic. I have transcended both the sport of MMA and boxing," he told BetSafe.

"I have every intention of fighting in 2018 if my compensation and business development endeavours accurately reflect my influence on combat sports.

"At this stage of my career, as it has been for the majority of my UFC career, potential opponents must lobby for fights with me," he added.

Don’t think he’ll be fighting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

"At this stage of my career, as it has been for the majority of my UFC career, potential opponents must lobby for fights with me. We could see Conor McGregor anywhere. I run the fight game, the fashion game, the whiskey game, or whatever the next business endeavor might be.”

Has anyone here ever read the Steve Jobs autobiography with Walter Isaacson? In that they talk about how Steve Jobs had a "reality distortion field" where he would just be so deluded at all times that he eventually become completely convinced by some of his own nonsense (such as using mad indian hypotherarpy techniques to cure cancer), as did loads of others around him. I think the same happens with Conor. He talks so much nonsense that he believes it, as do his pals - ie Charlie Ward strutting around in a pair of sunglasses indoors.

McGregor talks here about running the whiskey game. He currently doesn't even have a whiskey bottle on the shelves, and when you google "Conor McGregor notorious whiskey", all you come across is articles about how he's facing trademark trouble. He talks about running the fashion game with his August x McGregor line - I certainly have never heard of anyone wearing an August x McGregor suit. If you go onto David August' website there is literally no mention of any such line. If you google "August x McGregor" all you find is posts from McGregor himself on Facebook saying "coming soon!!!".

It's gas how he thinks he runs the whiskey and fashion game, despite literally having zero products in either market.

RVD420 wrote: »
    I wonder if there's any truth to the rumour that Conor and Rita Ora are releasing a cover of "Fairytale of New York" in time for Christmas? Might be a dark-horse bet for Christmas no.1 single.

He's definitely adding a whole new meaning to the song "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" with his antics.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dulux99 wrote: »
    "At this stage of my career, as it has been for the majority of my UFC career, potential opponents must lobby for fights with me. We could see Conor McGregor anywhere. I run the fight game, the fashion game, the whiskey game, or whatever the next business endeavor might be.”

Has anyone here ever read the Steve Jobs autobiography with Walter Isaacson? In that they talk about how Steve Jobs had a "reality distortion field" where he would just be so deluded at all times that he eventually become completely convinced by some of his own nonsense (such as using mad indian hypotherarpy techniques to cure cancer), as did loads of others around him. I think the same happens with Conor. He talks so much nonsense that he believes it, as do his pals - ie Charlie Ward strutting around in a pair of sunglasses indoors.

McGregor talks here about running the whiskey game. He currently doesn't even have a whiskey bottle on the shelves, and when you google "Conor McGregor notorious whiskey", all you come across is articles about how he's facing trademark trouble. He talks about running the fashion game with his August x McGregor line - I certainly have never heard of anyone wearing an August x McGregor suit. If you go onto David August' website there is literally no mention of any such line. If you google "August x McGregor" all you find is posts from McGregor himself on Facebook saying "coming soon!!!".

It's gas how he thinks he runs the whiskey and fashion game, despite literally having zero products in either market.

Before he was in the UFC he was saying he'd have belts in 2 different weight classes there. At some stage after the Aldo fight, he said he was going to have a massive fight like the May-Pac fight. For a long time he was saying he ran boxing, this was before the fight with Mayweather was announced and that fight ended up being huge. That's just a snippet of the "deluded nonsense" he's come out with over the years that ended up happening or if it didn't happen as he said, it came close. I'm not saying he clothing and whiskey brands will be huge but it's not out of character for him either. He was saying this shít when he was a nobody too.

Before he was in the UFC he was saying he'd have belts in 2 different weight classes there. At some stage after the Aldo fight, he said he was going to have a massive fight like the May-Pac fight. For a long time he was saying he ran boxing, this was before the fight with Mayweather was announced and that fight ended up being huge. That's just a snippet of the "deluded nonsense" he's come out with over the years that ended up happening or if it didn't happen as he said, it came close. I'm not saying he clothing and whiskey brands will be huge but it's not out of character for him either. He was saying this shít when he was a nobody too.

Yes. I don't dispute that. However he's speaking as if he currently has suits and whiskey for sale and that both endeavours were very profitable. He's not even on the shelves yet. If he was saying " I will run the whiskey game " , first of all I wouldn't doubt him, and second of all I wouldn't have written the above post. He's speaking in the present tense and it's nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yes. I don't dispute that. However he's speaking as if he currently has suits and whiskey for sale and that both endeavours were very profitable. He's not even on the shelves yet. If he was saying " I will run the whiskey game " , first of all I wouldn't doubt him, and second of all I wouldn't have written the above post. He's speaking in the present tense and it's nonsensical.

The August x McGregor suit has come and gone.

He said he ran boxing as well, look how that turned out;)

• Advertisement

RVD420 wrote: »

" You scumbag, you maggot,
    You cheap lousy fa-ggott"

He surely wouldn't be caught singing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Remember the days of him saying he's a small circle of friends and not many names in his phone,
    His made his millions and entitled to enjoy himself but it doesn't sit right seeing some of the people who are getting there pictures in the media hanging out with him , a lot of these lads are not nice people a don't deserve any media attention ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Turned out fairly ok. The most sold ppv of all time world wide, allegedly

I can see that suit working wonders for guys going to job interviews.

I think he's going to need more than one over priced limited edition suit that you really can't wear anywhere that requires dignity and professionalism to "run fashion"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

By who?

only one slight problem, hes not a boxer and that fight proved it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He's obviously running the hooker game too

He's obviously running the hooker game too

He's clearly running the "belittle and embarrass your new born baby's mother at every possible opportunity and make her a laughing stock" game also, in fact he's got that one sewn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

But not in actuality.

He's done as far as fighting is concerned. His new focus is being a "don" and supplying his Klingon warriors with snow until he's broke or dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

He's clearly running the "belittle and embarrass your new born baby's mother at every possible opportunity and make her a laughing stock" game also, in fact he's got that one sewn up

And being a **** father. U left out that bit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement