Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric shower triton t90z duration

• 02-07-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have a question concerning electric showers, and in particular the Triton T90Z
    My landord claims that this electric shower is meant for "3-mintue" showers only. Now I don't believe that because I haven't been able to find anything on Triton's website about that, nor on the internet in general.
    He claims that when showering longer than 3 minutes, the system will overheat, and will "burn out".

Mind, I don't think anyone in this house is taking 3 minute showers, and it has been working fine for months. This morning, however, there was apparently an issue.

Now my question: is there actually a limited duration to electric showers? And if so, is this an issue of overheating, or perhaps the size of the water tank it's connected to?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Your landlord is a lying clown.

MOD NOTE: WHILE YOU MIGHT BE GENERALLY CORRECT, tone it down please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Now my question: is there actually a limited duration to electric showers? And if so, is this an issue of overheating, or perhaps the size of the water tank it's connected to?

Technically the manufacturers of all electric showers say 15 minutes on & 45 minutes off. In the real world most families would have several showers in the morning.
    If you need this in writing try downloading the user manual for the triton t90z. It clearly says 15 minutes on per hour.
    Hope this helps

Advertisement