Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wimbledon 2017

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

walshb wrote: »
    Nobody said they should be teetoal.

But, personally I always felt those greats who were or are had a mindset about them. That alcohol was a toxin that they weren't going to ingest....

Floyd Mayweather springs to mind. Ali too...although his religion was a factor. Ali to my knowledge was not a drinker of any sort pre Islamic conversion.

Federer for me just gave off the vibe and air of someone who wasn't a drinker of any sort. Rare or otherwise.

Andy Murray I believe is teetotal...

Robert Harting got so drunk celebrating his Olympic gold in the discus in 2012 that he passed out on a train, had his accreditation robbed, and couldn't get back into the Olympic village.

Didn't do him any harm. He came back and won World gold the next year.

Frankly who cares if somebody drinks or not. An occasional blowout makes zero difference to whether somebody will be successful or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll have whatever he's having! :pac:

Advertisement