Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Harbour - any good pubs?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be staying in Rosslare Harbour for one night before taking a ferry.

It'll be a Sunday night, and I'll staying near the SuperValu.

Are there any good pubs to visit in the village, that I could walk to?

I can't see much on Google Maps.

What about the Railway social club? What is that?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Fairly limited on the pub front in the Harbour. You could try Hotel Rosslare for a pint,it's a fairly interesting bar with great views over the Harbour. The railway social club, I haven't been there in a number of years but I believe that it's a members only establishment. The last time I was there I was able to be signed in by a member....not sure what the current situation is.

Other alternative is to walk up to Kilrane, approx 5 mins up the road from the church. You have 2 options, Kilrane In which can be good for Sports and serves food etc. Next door is Culletons which is a decent pub, again good food, pool table etc....great characters at the bar etc. My preference would be Culletons but that's just my own personal opinion.

Hope you enjoy the stay.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks very much.

I see the crossroads in Kilrane.

15 min walk from where I'll be staying, near the SuperValu, 1.3km, says Google Maps.

No path all the way it seems, mostly hard shoulder.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Geuze wrote: »
    Thanks very much.

I see the crossroads in Kilrane.

15 min walk from where I'll be staying, near the SuperValu, 1.3km, says Google Maps.

No path all the way it seems, mostly hard shoulder.

Thanks.

Yes but it's 50 k/h all along there and usually not that busy, its grand to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I walked to Kilrane.

Culletons is a good pub.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement