Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cinema Arc Cinema Wexford Town

Options
  • 23-06-2017 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

The site of the former Savoy Cineplex is currently being upgraded and a new cinema The Arc will be opening mid/late July. Its apparently the first stage in a development of Redmond Square Shopping Centre.

Great to have a cinema in Wexford Town after a nearly a decade. Its been sadly missed yeah the Omniplex is out in Drinagh but its in an inconvenient location for allot of people so The Arc is most welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The site of the former Savoy Cineplex is currently being upgraded and a new cinema The Arc will be opening mid/late July. Its apparently the first stage in a development of Redmond Square Shopping Centre.

Great to have a cinema in Wexford Town after a nearly a decade. Its been sadly missed yeah the Omniplex is out in Drinagh but its in an inconvenient location for allot of people so The Arc is most welcomed.

It would be great if it brought a bit more life back into that part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Opening 4th August

http://wexford.arccinema.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

They must have sorted the flooding problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

They must have sorted the flooding problem

Thought they had that fixed before the last one closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Brilliant to have a cinema back in town, probably one of my favourite developments in recent years. Plus it might provide some competition to that other crew out the road, with their extortionate prices. I hope they do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I live out in the country so neither cinema is more or less convenient to me, the new one seems more modern with better seats etc. I'm usually left disappointed by the quality of the screens in Omniplex too. Might head into the new one over the weekend just to see what it's like and whether I'll make it the go to or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Was in the Arc last night lay out the very same as the previous Savoy the concession stand is smaller with no ticket booth like the old cinema. Less seating in the 3 screens due to new electronic reclining seats, small button on you right side for up and down plus more leg room you don't have to stand or move if someone is trying to walk passed you. It really is all about comfort and just lying there for a couple of hours. Prices I didn't get much of a chance to see they are some special offers but it was busy so didn't have time to make a note. Heading back later to see Dunkirk.

That sounds promising. Let us know what you think after watching a movie in there.

Think I'll catch Valerian in there tomorrow, don't particularly want to see it just want to test the cinema.

correction wrote: »
    That sounds promising. Let us know what you think after watching a movie in there.

Think I'll catch Valerian in there tomorrow, don't particularly want to see it just want to test the cinema.

I saw Valerian last night screen is clear and bright great sound that was in screen 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Great offers for Tuesdays

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Also I see an ad on their website that they are offering an introductory offer of €1 for 3 hours parking in the car park.
    Just have to validate the ticket at the eats and treats counter: http://wexford.arccinema.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Random question, but does anyone know if there is an automated ticket collection point here like there is at the Omniplex?

For example, if one was to pre-order tickets do you still have to collect them at the counter or can you pop your card/order number into a machine and print them yourself?

Paully D wrote: »
    Random question, but does anyone know if there is an automated ticket collection point here like there is at the Omniplex?

For example, if one was to pre-order tickets do you still have to collect them at the counter or can you pop your card/order number into a machine and print them yourself?

There is but it's not up and running yet so you for time being you have to collect your pre order at the counter.

Maybe it was just me but for the last couple of years the collection machine never worked in Omniplex anyway. I'd put in my card or enter my booking reference and it'd just give me an error message so I'd have to go to the counter anyway.

Also, last time I was in Arc I had to give them my booking reference at the counter, they couldn't just take my card and swipe it.

Advertisement