Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

1939 Ford Prefect for auction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,600 jca

It's refreshing to see an Irish number plate attached to a genuine Irish car. I hope it goes to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom

Make a loverly rat rod...............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 mb1725

Sold for €4600 but looks more like a Ford 10 to me:

400-1.jpg

Not bad price for rare beast in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭ elperello

I think you might be right.
    I found this Australian website which shows both cars and the three section grille and dip in the centre of the bumper would make it look like a Ten.

http://www.ford8-10.com/public_html/index_html/club_car.html

Either way it seems some lucky buyer got a nice car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭ elperello

Update

A report in today's Irish Times says it is "Model Y Baby Ford Prefect car" and it sold for €4000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ Testacalda

At risk of exposing my nerd status,

Its a Ford 10, not a Prefect or a Baby Ford as such.

That that car is whats known as the '7W' model of Ford 10, which is after the CX and before the E93a. (:pac: Nerd!)

The 3 vertical slats and kinked bumper was a feature from '37 - '39, after that the front was restyled to horizontal slatted grill

Nice cars and good value at €4000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,600 jca

elperello wrote: »
    Update

A report in today's Irish Times says it is "Model Y Baby Ford Prefect car" and it sold for €4000.

Ha ha paper never refuses ink as the say!! It looks like the Irish Times used every ford model available, had they stuck in Anglia and consul... It's a Ford 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ gfwd

Looking at the links in there, there's more old Fords being auctioned as part of a garage clearance. Also some garage signage going too.

https://www.antiquesireland.ie/auctions-ireland/8th-july-vintage-car-tractor-auction/

Advertisement