Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland vs Japan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Earls assist. Ridiculous stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Holy Moly.
    Earls, Scannel, Conan and Leavy ruining Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Can't tell if Japan are disinterested, or rubbish, or if we're amazing.

3 tries with the man in the sin bin, that's the game. Merciless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Might have to switch to Aussie Scotland this is more of a cakewalk than I expected. Pity a closer game would have been more interesting. Good display by Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really wasn't expecting us to have such a big lead at this stage.

Earls is in the form of his life on this tour!

Would like to see a bit more from our centres going forward if there's that much space out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Earls is just a class apart, he's looking to run, offload, show his handling skills ;) and generally showing why Gatland is a mopppetttt

Jacksons kicking impeccable

Luke McGrath playing very well in my book, taking his chance so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this a full strength Japan team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

no, at the moment they are down to 14

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Think I'll stop watching, keep listening and let Toland's commentary lull me back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Earls is just a class apart, he's looking to run, offload, show his handling skills ;) and generally showing why Gatland is a mopppetttt

I've never seen him in such form. He didn't remotely show such skills on the big stage for Ireland and Munster. I suppose you have to support your man. I'd put him straight into the lions based on the last 2 weeks though but the asterix is the quality, or lack of, of the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Who are the commentators??

I recognise the voices put can't put faces to them.

John Forrest and Liam Toland

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

IRE v JPN Haiku

Earls dances through gaps
    Creates chances for forward men
    Fast feet score quick tries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

They've a few new caps, but a lot of experienced players like Tanaka, Leitch, Horie, and Mafi are out there. Plus the vast majority of this squad have been playing Super Rugby as the Sunwolves for the past year.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I've never seen him in such form. He didn't remotely show such skills on the big stage for Ireland and Munster. I suppose you have to support your man. I'd put him straight into the lions based on the last 2 weeks though but the asterix is the quality, or lack of, of the opposition.

Ah, New Zealand are pretty decent. It wouldn't be a waste if Earls' talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

That sinbin lad , is his name Hirohito,or am I up too early and halucinating. If it is ,there could be trouble ahead.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    That sinbin lad , is his name Hirohito,or am I up too early and halucinating. If it is ,there could be trouble ahead.

No no, this is Mr. H Iro Ito, a completely different man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Worth getting up just for Toner's break there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That dummy from Toner is going in the bank

• Advertisement

Beginning to feel the hangover big time. Gonna be a tough day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Toner with a show and go, 30 metre line break. What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Sonny Bill Toner

Worth getting up just for Toner's break there

Certainly was a "jeez I'm definitely not awake properly yet if that's what I think I saw" moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

O.K. I am deffo hallucinating. I think I just saw Toner using his hidden turn of speed and dancing feet to bamboozle the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That dummy from Toner is going in the bank
    Almost thought at one point he was going to kick ahead, that would have been too much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Toner with a show and go, 30 metre line break. What a time to be alive.

Footage just in

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Almost thought at one point he was going to kick ahead, that would have been too much :pac:

I don't think my body could have handled that rush of endorphins that would have been released

Kids chose the very beginning of half time to get up. Literally perfect and now I get to watch the rest of the game with the Lego Batman movie in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Japan started out well but haven't made this anywhere near as close a game as I expected. They've been a bit sloppy at times and coughed up penalties in good positions. But it's hard to see past what is a very professional and clinical display from Ireland tbh. The opposition might not be where we thought they'd be but we've kept errors to a minimum, looked to play positively and delivered in terms of our decision making and execution. Can't but be happy with that first 40.

Advertisement