Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork city boundary extension

Options
  • 16-06-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I would like to know what people who live in the county think about the city boundary extension,especially those living in a 10 mile radius from the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I live 7 miles outside the city and do not want to see the boundary extended, it will be just an rate/land grab from the industrial areas and the county will lose some valuable income, and our services (little enough) will be cut further. Also I consider myself a rural dweller and do not want to be a "city boy", my own area has a green belt between us and the city and I can see that being destroyed with development of housing estates. The only upside for me is my home will go up in value I can sell it it move away again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

its a joke I live 10 miles out and I like to be out in the STICKS stick there boundary extension up their ass I certainly don't want to be a city money grabbing HOORS

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

looks like this is becoming a little more relevant now,some good reports in d'echo this evening and also on local radio. watch this space seems to be the byword, Ballincollig could be the deal breaker here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Bring it on. Can't wait to be a city slicker and not a bogger!

Advertisement