Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GOP Kansas Tax Experiment fall flat on its face.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hold on

You're telling me trickle down economics doesn't work? I am sincerely aghast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: I'm going to let this run but can people post a bit more constructively than the above two posts please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trickle down economics is a nonsense. Trump's tax plan will end up being a disaster if it comes to pass. The budget deficit and debt will skyrocket, even beyond the ridiculous levels it's currently at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trickle down economics is a nonsense. Trump's tax plan will end up being a disaster if when it comes to pass. The budget deficit and debt will skyrocket, even beyond the ridiculous levels it's currently at.
    Added a minor change to your post as highlighted there based on the current congress, senate and president. Not that the budget would ever balance on the made up ideas from it but since it's of personal benefit to their major donors and themselves and they tried it before I can't see how it will not go through in the end.

The problem is the Republican base (and American people) who still believe they can work hard and get rich and hence will benefit from it. The American dream simply does work any more; it's not the 70s but everyone still believes and acts as it is. It's the exact same style of nostalgia people are caught up with in UK and other European countries as well where people rather than adapt to the current realities dream back to "the good old days".

Advertisement