Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat with people

Options
  • 06-06-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi everyone ,

My thread might seem dumb but I wanted to post it anyway so here it goes , Im a French dude 23 years old i live in Ireland since more than 2 years now , my partner is also French and we both work in a French tech support company , meaning ? We don't speak English at all ! And we live in an area where I don't really want to get involve in , first of all because their is not much things we can involve in and second of all because I don't really want to.
    What I would like to talk to people even by Skype or any other support you may like ... sorry if my request seem dumb but I guess worth a try.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

barry1708 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,

My thread might seem dumb but I wanted to post it anyway so here it goes , Im a French dude 23 years old i live in Ireland since more than 2 years now , my partner is also French and we both work in a French tech support company , meaning ? We don't speak English at all ! And we live in an area where I don't really want to get involve in , first of all because their is not much things we can involve in and second of all because I don't really want to.
    What I would like to talk to people even by Skype or any other support you may like ... sorry if my request seem dumb but I guess worth a try.
    Cheers

Where in the county are you? I can understand that some groups might not be your scene but do you not engage in some conversation in the local shop or pub or whatever? Your written English is fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

unless someone typed it for him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

miece16 wrote: »
    unless someone typed it for him :P

If they did they need to do some editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Could you work remote from France for this french tech company? Would save a lot of hassle trying to learn a second language and integrate into a society youve no interest in partaking in.

Is there Skype in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭barry1708

Hi everyone first of all thanks for your reply !
    I live in Co Cork with my partner in a small village , and to answer one of the question early I wrote my message myself :)
    Secondly I don't want to go back to France as I live here in Ireland on a daily basis and I truly love it :)
    Just wanted to find people to chat with :)
    Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What about these lads:

http://1868.toastmastersclubs.org/

Advertisement